First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
We ordered on an R1T on November 28, 2018.

Our R1T order was placed on November 28, 2018. We are not near any of the Rivian Service Centers. According, we can not get delivery.
Bummer, looks like the closest one to you is 300 miles away in Atlanta, GA Appears there is not a lot of coverage in that area.

Not a lot of DCFC charging down there either, I was just in Destin, stopped at Chipley on my way in and Pensacola on my way out but had to use destination chargers while I was there.
Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

So this is why I've been bumped a year.... All of these people being put in front of me.

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler

Our R1T order was placed on November 28, 2018. We are not near any of the Rivian Service Centers. According, we can not get delivery.
This Really sucks. I am an April 2019 R1T order and still don't have a delivery date so I am right there with you. I have several friends locally who are in the same situation, However a one of them did an experiment. He changed his delivery address to a texas address where a family member lived and 3 months after changing his address, he took delivery of an amazing new R1T.. I am highly considering doing the same. I am a bit nervous about the service issues. Would have to get the truck 300 miles away to do service, but after 4 years of waiting. I may just take the leap and do it.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That is a good question. We have liked the look of the Rivian from the first conceptual renderings. That's why we placed our deposit at the very beginning. We also liked the idea of buying from an Americam start-up. We need a pick-up truck and Rivian was the EV first product available that met our wants and needs. We never anticipated the service debacle that Rivian has gotten themselves into from the outset.

Ford is already delivering the Lightning and Chevrolet's Silverado E is hitting the street soon. We are looking at these options. We plan to hang in with Rivian a bit longer as we had not planned to replace our Silverado Durumax until 2024. We are hoping that Rivian can come up with a plan to sell and service vehicles nationwide. If they are to stay viable, this has to happen soon.

Brian

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This Really sucks. I am an April 2019 R1T order and still don't have a delivery date so I am right there with you. I have several friends locally who are in the same situation, However a one of them did an experiment. He changed his delivery address to a texas address where a family member lived and 3 months after changing his address, he took delivery of an amazing new R1T.. I am highly considering doing the same. I am a bit nervous about the service issues. Would have to get the truck 300 miles away to do service, but after 4 years of waiting. I may just take the leap and do it.
We are considering our delivery address to our son's house in Jacksonville, where a new Rivian Service Center is opening soon. Regardless of our delivery address, we want to take factory delivery of our R1T.

Brian

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I don't see anywhere on the Rivian website that they will not sell you a vehicle if you don't live close to a service center that is not busy.

Brian

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager

This is strange to me. I live in Florida too (though only 50 miles from Miami SC), I switched to R1T in February, and 3 weeks later, I had a VIN. See my sig..

Are you really that far from a SC?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This is strange to me. I live in Florida too (though only 50 miles from Miami SC), I switched to R1T in February, and 3 weeks later, I had a VIN. See my sig..

Are you really that far from a SC?
We are in the western Panhandle. We are over 300 miles from Jacksonville, 400 miles from Tampa and Orlando, 600 miles from Miami. Some folks don't realize how big Florida is. Is you start on I-10 at the state line, go to Jacksonville and continue south on 1-95 and US 1 to Key West, the distance is 860 miles. This is within 20 miles of the distance across Texas on I-10.

Brian

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
We are in the western Panhandle. We are over 300 miles from Jacksonville, 400 miles from Tampa and Orlando, 600 miles from Miami. Some folks don't realize how big Florida is. Is you start on I-10 at the state line, go to Jacksonville and continue south on 1-95 and US 1 to Key West, the distance is 860 miles. This is within 20 miles of the distance across Texas on I-10.

Brian
Just a thought, but maybe what you need to do then is buy (slightly) used. Work with someone to pick out from the shop, maybe someone on the fence about keeping their reservation, but has the shop invite. Credit unions beat Rivian APR all day long on used(!) vehicle loans.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

July '22 Reservation here. According to the recent map, a service center is coming just walking distance from my office in Pasadena, CA. Should be interesting to see if I get an invite. Besides the vampire drain issue, the biggest conundrum will be where to park a 5th vehicle as we have a trailer and kids who drive.

Sponsored

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO near Rivian and Tesla service centers
Vehicles
Tesla

Change your address to use a forum friend's address near a delivery center. Might accelerate your delivery timing. Road trip back home. Win-win.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Dang that's rough. I know some folks a little ways out in New Mexico who are 2020 preorders and nada, but you take the cake. Out of curiosity: would you be willing to go to in to a SC to pick it up?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Dang that's rough. I know some folks a little ways out in New Mexico who are 2020 preorders and nada, but you take the cake. Out of curiosity: would you be willing to go to in to a SC to pick it up?
We would be willing to go to the factory to get our R1T. A couple of years ago we changed our delivery address to the Factory in Normal. We got a somewhat curt letter from Rivian telling us that this was not permitted. The powers that be at Rivian changed the address in our account back to our home address in Santa Rosa Beach. They also told us that our account would be monitored. This makes us a little gun shy to change our address again. They may ask us for utility bills to prove that we have moved.
Sponsored