Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Confirmed - June 2022 R1T reservation holder here, just submitted my configuration request after receiving the e-mail today.

Edit: one business day later and I've been asked to confirm my configuration. Things are moving quickly - hopefully the same holds true for the rest of the process.

Edit2: one business day after that and I now have access to the R1T vehicle shop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Iā€™m sure it is post March deposits. They have to be running out of pre-March reservations by now in some service center locations. They need to be feeding these service centers something and need to keep mfg rolling while they continue the build out of service regions.
This is the logical reason. Reducing the quarterly loss by a small amount is not a reason for major change in the order system. Filling some young preorder may also increase preorders.

By this logic the old R1S preorders are near an overcapacity SC.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
By this logic the old R1S preorders are near an overcapacity SC.
Or in areas that have no service coverages. They tried delivering early on to reservations that were not in a service area and found that to be an unsustainable model. Just too expensive if those vehicles required service to get them transported to an SC.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Or the pretty standard build R1S I reserved 11/20, all while living .2 mi from Denver SC. Saying they're not prioritizing post-3/22 reservations for greater margins is nonsense.

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
They haven't fully ramped R1S production. I have seen lots and lots of anecdotal evidence of recent R1T orders getting shipped before longer standing R1S orders. They have R1T parts on hand, but not R1S.

I think what someone else said is correct, they are running out of price locked and pre-configured R1T orders

They don't have the parts/capacity to fill the demand for R1S. I read somewhere else that the demand for the R1S is actually higher than the R1T.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Or the pretty standard build R1S I reserved 11/20, all while living .2 mi from Denver SC. Saying they're not prioritizing post-3/22 reservations for greater margins is nonsense.
Nonsense is the Vibranium that Rivian needs!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As long as u didn't read it in the internet..... or info from a guide.
They haven't fully ramped R1S production. I have seen lots and lots of anecdotal evidence of recent R1T orders getting shipped before longer standing R1S orders. They have R1T parts on hand, but not R1S.

I think what someone else said is correct, they are running out of price locked and pre-configured R1T orders

They don't have the parts/capacity to fill the demand for R1S. I read somewhere else that the demand for the R1S is actually higher than the R1T.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
At some point after 3/1/22 people were only able to make a deposit for a truck, but not allowed to configure. Only after being invited were they able to configure, and then they entered the same circus as the rest of us.
Yep, I placed one for the R1S back in July of 2022 and it was reservation with no way to configure. Iā€™m hoping this opens up for the R1S in the coming months too. Itā€™s just a race between this and the Volvo EX90 at this point!

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
As others have said, this is what they should have been doing for a while. They have supplier issues for certain trims and they should prioritize producing as many trucks with existing inventory as they can. This is the same reason Tesla streamlined their interior and exterior color options. Rivian was way too ambitions with 3 different interiors and all those colors. They should have just stuck to 1 or 2 interiors and limited colors to start.

Sponsored

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Will service centers be popping up at same rate as this order expansion? Right now theyā€™re way beyond ā€œfullā€. At least for service. Plenty of capacity for deliveries, of course.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yep, I placed one for the R1S back in July of 2022 and it was reservation with no way to configure. Iā€™m hoping this opens up for the R1S in the coming months too. Itā€™s just a race between this and the Volvo EX90 at this point!
I hope the Rivian wins, but both should be quality SUVs! Itā€™s good news they are figuring out how to get vehicles into customer hands faster.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Is the R1T order backlog starting to dry up? Meaning a higher rate of cancellations that Rivian is trying to get ahead of?

Jedwards

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This was long overdue. The way I got my truck so quickly was reading the forums and deducing what builds were being prioritized near term and switching my config to match that.

They should have had that more transparent like what they are doing now and given that option to people who were waiting longer. Technically they always had the option to guess as I did but this makes the process easier and more transparent.
How fast did you get yours? I did the same and ordered in January 2022 took delivery June 2022. I havent heard of anyone else doing this as well haha
Sponsored