Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Wow, so you at step 7 since 2/6? How do you know that your car is in transport to Dallas?
It was originally mentioned by my Rivian Insurance advisor when I got a quote then mentioned again by a Guide about a week later. There is no real time visibility to vehicle status (in transit, PDI, awaiting repair, etc) and I'm not going to pester my Guide for constant updates. It'll be ready when it's ready.
Sponsored

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
My Bank overnighted the check today and according to the fedex tracking info it shows it will arrive on Monday. Additionally I am scheduled to pickup on Monday as well. In the event the check arrives after my appointment will that cause as issue?

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Got my 8 steps couple days ago. Originally march/april . non LE GW, BM , 21" Dallas area. Guess they are rolling out non LE now.
Congrats!! Another Adventure Package R1S breaks cover!

@LL75: your Adventure R1S is the same paint/interior as @DonkeyMcdonk, @JPM-847, and @She'll be right (all already delivered) as well as @-0-----0- (who got 8 steps last week). You're all GW/BM Adventure R1S's. Batchin!

Sponsored

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

How common are last minute delays once you already have a date? I’m scheduled to pick up Wednesday - finally! But hearing people talk about cancelled deliveries due to last minute QC is making me nervous.

Maybe I just can’t believe this saga could ever end. What else will I obsess over??
I'm in Portland. On Tuesday I got the email to schedule delivery. Looking at the weather, Friday was clear and sunny so I booked it. What apparently nobody knew was that the worst snow storm in decades would hit on Wednesday. Portland shuts down with 2" snow - we got up to 10". Thought for sure the delivery would be cancelled. Nope, picked it up today. I think they really want to do everything they can to keep delivery appointments.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'm in Portland. On Tuesday I got the email to schedule delivery. Looking at the weather, Friday was clear and sunny so I booked it. What apparently nobody knew was that the worst snow storm in decades would hit on Wednesday. Portland shuts down with 2" snow - we got up to 10". Thought for sure the delivery would be cancelled. Nope, picked it up today. I think they really want to do everything they can to keep delivery appointments.
I really hope so!

My pickup is 4 years and 4 days from the preorder. Can’t believe the wait might be coming to an end!

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

I really hope so!

My pickup is 4 years and 4 days from the preorder. Can’t believe the wait might be coming to an end!
Only 3 yrs and 55 for me... It's worth the wait! But now I don't know what to obsess over on a daily basis. What's frustrating for me today is that I really want to be driving this thing but with ice on all of our streets I don't dare. I trust the R; I don't trust the others.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Last edited:

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
I really hope so!

Congrats! Mine is Monday!

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Will add a more detailed review later but what a day!!! 100% worth the 5 hr. trip to get the factory tour and pickup. What an amazing operation and can’t wipe the grin off my face.

68C3AAB9-DE7F-4502-BC77-309D0AF7D28B.jpeg
4B2BF85D-0390-41FD-92E3-262287CEE457.jpeg
EB50F9AF-21FF-46E6-8886-3539DE091A6A.jpeg
That's a solid grin.....

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

Will add a more detailed review later but what a day!!! 100% worth the 5 hr. trip to get the factory tour and pickup. What an amazing operation and can’t wipe the grin off my face.

68C3AAB9-DE7F-4502-BC77-309D0AF7D28B.jpeg
4B2BF85D-0390-41FD-92E3-262287CEE457.jpeg
EB50F9AF-21FF-46E6-8886-3539DE091A6A.jpeg
How long is the factory tour? Wouldn't mind taking my kids to see how a car is made...

-0-----0-

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
How long is the factory tour? Wouldn't mind taking my kids to see how a car is made...
It was probably about 45 minutes or so. I only took 1/3 kids and after doing it I wished I had taken all of them. You get pretty close to the machining and right over the line a couple times on the catwalk. My son hasn’t stopped talking about it. Highly recommended

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Mine was about 25 minutes.

I do not think they are open to the public yet but keep an eye out. My tour guide pointed out where they were adding more catwalks and they are planning to open for public tours but he did not have a timeline.
Sponsored