kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Via Reddit User MellowPerk . Blue Origin uses two Rivian R1T Trucks & a Ford Raptor for capsule recovery operations! Photo taken at 2:10:35 during the Blue Origin New Shepard Mission NS-15 Webcast.

Rivian R1T R1S Blue Origin uses two Rivian R1T Trucks for capsule recovery 1618422286004
Sponsored

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
Well, Musk had the Space X astronauts taken to there ride in a Model X. It only makes since that Bezos would have Rivian on-site for Blue Origin! I'm pretty sure a Model X would not do too well in the desert.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Well, Musk had the Space X astronauts taken to there ride in a Model X. It only makes since that Bezos would have Rivian on-site for Blue Origin! I'm pretty sure a Model X would not do too well in the desert.
I would laugh if we find out the whole reason Amazon initially invested in Rivian was that Bezos was jealous that Space X used Teslas.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Via Reddit User MellowPerk . Blue Origin uses two Rivian R1T Trucks & a Ford Raptor for capsule recovery operations! Photo taken at 2:10:35 during the Blue Origin New Shepard Mission NS-15 Webcast.

1618422286004.png
Wow! That's more usable video of R1T's than we've seen in a month of Thursdays from Rivian! ?

And because it was released on a Wednesday, this doesn't count for a semi-reliable Thursday press release. New stuff, please!

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Jeff: RJ, so....we lost a few capsules.

RJ: And...

Jeff: Need an assist

RJ: Call Elon

Jeff: Who?

RJ: LOL...I gotcha. Need last known GPS and we'll have them by EOD.

Jeff: Van's are great by the way. Thanks again. ?✌

RJ: Duh, np. ?

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
(continues)
Jeff: Actually, one more favor.
RJ: What's that?
Jeff: I'm going to need your VIN 001 R1T. It's going on a rather adventurous trip and it's going to break some records.
RJ: What records? When will we get it back?
Jeff: I'm hoping for fastest EV and largest EV payload to exit earth's atmosphere. And, um, you won't be getting it back unfortunately. It's going interstellar.
RJ: I see. No thanks. We'd rather have the $75K revenue.
Jeff: Why? This will be such great PR.
RJ: I don't need more PR. Have you seen Rivian's Stories? We've got at least 1,000 fanboys on at least one forum. And more importantly, I've got an IPO to manage.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
So where is the video of them actually loading the capsule on the R1T and recovering it?:devil:

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

1618422286004.png
Clearly there is a double standard here! How come they got their trucks before us? C'mon Rivian, play fair and deliver upon your promise of delivering to those who placed their orders first!

Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clearly there is a double standard here! How come they got their trucks before us? C'mon Rivian, play fair and deliver upon your promise of delivering to those who placed their orders first!
Doubt there is a double standard. Just pre-production models going thru more testing.

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Doubt there is a double standard. Just pre-production models going thru more testing.
Yeah yeah! Total BS. I cannot think of another manufacturer that has done this much testing. They're just blowing investor money because they can.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Yeah yeah! Total BS. I cannot think of another manufacturer that has done this much testing. They're just blowing investor money because they can.
I agree. Rivian absolutely wants to delay production as long as they can with the hopes of getting even more private investment rounds to fritter away. Then they can go public in the fall without ever having to produce a thing.
It would have been much, much better to ship as soon as they could cobble something together and worry about fixing things later after they are in the hands of customers. Tesla has shown that the old established ways of doing business were BS and the new era means customers are the testers (and happy to do so). If the bumper cover falls off because of water, just drill a few holes in it and call it good. Get it "sold" and on the books (particularly at the end of a quarter) and then repaint or replace panels later as necessary. As long as everything opens and closes without chipping paint, it's "within spec" and the customer should be grateful they could even get one.
/sarcasm

I perfectly OK with them doing the amount of testing they deem necessary to get it right out of the gate.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I agree. Rivian absolutely wants to delay production as long as they can with the hopes of getting even more private investment rounds to fritter away. Then they can go public in the fall without ever having to produce a thing.
It would have been much, much better to ship as soon as they could cobble something together and worry about fixing things later after they are in the hands of customers. Tesla has shown that the old established ways of doing business were BS and the new era means customers are the testers (and happy to do so). If the bumper cover falls off because of water, just drill a few holes in it and call it good. Get it "sold" and on the books (particularly at the end of a quarter) and then repaint or replace panels later as necessary. As long as everything opens and closes without chipping paint, it's "within spec" and the customer should be grateful they could even get one.
/sarcasm

I perfectly OK with them doing the amount of testing they deem necessary to get it right out of the gate.
I agree, get it as right as you can. I’m sure the negative impact for bad quality or issues would be far worse than the delivery delays.

I believe the delay is more about having the infrastructure in place to support the business than the how ready the vehicles are.

If they are able to make the June/August dates it will be a credit to them to only have the 6-8 month delay for the Covid impact.

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I agree, get it as right as you can. I’m sure the negative impact for bad quality or issues would be far worse than the delivery delays.

I believe the delay is more about having the infrastructure in place to support the business than the how ready the vehicles are.

If they are able to make the June/August dates it will be a credit to them to only have the 6-8 month delay for the Covid impact.
Covid was a convenient excuse to delay. Just what they needed to delay more.
Sponsored