Sponsored

Tent for R1T - how about an option to self-level the truck?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I had the same thought when I got my Model 3, but... dark mode on these glossy displays is almost unusable in the daytime, especially with a glass roof. You’ll see every greasy smudgy fingerprint and lots more reflections. Being able to automatically toggle is great.
I use dark mode exclusively in my Volvo. Far superior to light mode.

I wish more manufacturers would use OLED displays.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Speaking of tents for the Rivian, received this from Yakima today:
D5F07AA6-2EBD-4F72-AB6B-571455E6F620.jpeg
I'm not calling BS quite yet, but my inner skeptic notices a lot of typos in that response...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm not calling BS quite yet, but my inner skeptic notices a lot of typos in that response...
Almost like it was written by a customer service representative.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Almost like it was written by a customer service representative.
The day I receive an email saying "Hi riviot, are you ready to drive your Rivain rt1? -Your giude" I'll happily hand over my LE position to the highest bidder.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I use dark mode exclusively in my Volvo. Far superior to light mode.

I wish more manufacturers would use OLED displays.
Totally agreed on OLED being great, but if anything they’re typically dimmer; in this case I think the form factor of the displays (glossy/not shaded) is likely to be limiting. Does the Volvo have glossy touchscreens like this that aren’t inset at all/have no hood?

I expect they’ll at least provide an option. Would love to be pleasantly surprised if it’s a good experience in daylight!

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Totally agreed on OLED being great, but if anything they’re typically dimmer; in this case I think the form factor of the displays (glossy/not shaded) is likely to be limiting. Does the Volvo have glossy touchscreens like this that aren’t inset at all/have no hood?
The instrument cluster is covered by a binnacle, but the center touch screen is not covered, at all. I leave my panoramic roof sunshade open 100% of the time, and it's never an issue.

Rivian R1T R1S Tent for R1T - how about an option to self-level the truck? tFU9uNc

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9

I expect they’ll at least provide an option. Would love to be pleasantly surprised if it’s a good experience in daylight!
Why do people worry about this? This isn't like a minor detail they might overlook testing the crap out of their trucks in the desert. Or driving them across a continent.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

For those of us with the desire to camp on the roof or bed of our R1T/R1S, the ability to auto level will be a great feature. If not, at least having an inclinometer on the driver's display will enable a somewhat quick experience to level the vehicle for camping.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
One day, people will learn that Tesla is not representative of the industry. A lot of Tesla’s problems are their own making (mainly hubris).

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
One day, people will learn that Tesla is not representative of the industry. A lot of Tesla’s problems are their own making (mainly hubris).
Tesla owns 80% of the EV market in the US. It *is* the industry. The nice part is that taking a ZATAOMM approach to quality will rapidly elevate some few companies in the public eye. My money is (literally) on Rivian doing that.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Tesla owns 80% of the EV market in the US. It *is* the industry. The nice part is that taking a ZATAOMM approach to quality will rapidly elevate some few companies in the public eye. My money is (literally) on Rivian doing that.
Down to 53% in yearly EV sales, and falling. Being a large player doesn’t make them “the industry”. And regardless of how you feel about their position, it’s shrinking.

https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/evs-percent-of-vehicle-sales-by-brand/

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Down to 53% in yearly EV sales, and falling. Being a large player doesn’t make them “the industry”. And regardless of how you feel about their position, it’s shrinking.

https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/evs-percent-of-vehicle-sales-by-brand/
It is shrinking and will as more players enter the market but you still have to give them some credit regardless what you think of them.

Even in your link they sell 5 times the next closest competitor, they sell one of their cars for each 1 by all of the other players combined. They still have (at lest today) the best charging network penetration which is still a major factor for them.

Rivian R1T R1S Tent for R1T - how about an option to self-level the truck? 1617739978213

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It is shrinking and will as more players enter the market but you still have to give them some credit regardless what you think of them.

Even in your link they sell 5 times the next closest competitor, they sell one of their cars for each 1 by all of the other players combined. They still have (at lest today) the best charging network penetration which is still a major factor for them.

1617739978213.png
That still does not make Tesla “the industry”.
Sponsored