Sponsored

Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T

pippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
We’re probably on the same train from Normal, mine for pickup at El Segundo SC sometime in Feb (I hope🤞) before the new IRS guidance on tax rebates. Still getting my color + 20” tires (that I didn’t really care about as I’d rather have more range) and without all my desired options.
Same here. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13. I talked to my guide last week, he suggested me don't start the finance and insurance till my car arrived in El Segundo SC. :)
Sponsored

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
Same here. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13. I talked to my guide last week, he suggested me don't start the finance and insurance till my car arrived in El Segundo SC. :)
Do we have the same Guide 😁

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
@uthatch It's witching and gushing hour! Oh, wait, that's the other place... 😆

Anyway, any updates on your train's location?
LOL, man Tes, uh, I mean Rivian is so rad! Endlessly rad.

No updates that I’m aware of. I just spoke with the Guide on Thursday and he mentioned late February so I think I just sit tight for awhile. I mean it does seem like that a really long time for a train to cross 2/3 of the country. It’s not like it has to stop every few hundred miles and pick up more along the way. Why does Rivian hate their customers? 😆

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
my truck is on a train from IL and expected at the end of February to the Costa Mesa delivery center. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13, picked out a completely different config than what I had ordered on 1/20 and completed most of the 8 steps.
I picked mine from the shop 1/20 also (coming to LA). But my guide told me last week it’s still at the factory. What’s the status on your account? Since 1/20 mine shows "
Delivery scheduling opens soon
Your vehicle is currently moving through final quality checks. We’ll reach out once your delivery is ready to schedule." Seems like a long time for quality checks. My hope is that status means nothing and it’s on the train with yours…

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
LOL, man Tes, uh, I mean Rivian is so rad! Endlessly rad.

No updates that I’m aware of. I just spoke with the Guide on Thursday and he mentioned late February so I think I just sit tight for awhile. I mean it does seem like that a really long time for a train to cross 2/3 of the country. It’s not like it has to stop every few hundred miles and pick up more along the way. Why does Rivian hate their customers? 😆
Can’t your guide “ping” the vin to see where the truck “actually” is? Even Tesla can do that! 🤣

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I picked mine from the shop 1/20 also (coming to LA). But my guide told me last week it’s still at the factory. What’s the status on your account? Since 1/20 mine shows "
Your vehicle is currently moving through final quality checks. We’ll reach out once your delivery is ready to schedule." Seems like a long time for quality checks. My hope is that status means nothing and it’s on the train with yours…
Yep, I’m stuck on step 8 waiting to be able to make a delivery appointment.

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, I’m stuck on step 8 waiting to be able to make a delivery appointment.

I’m in the same status boat. I selected my vehicle on 1/19 and my guide said it’s still at the factory awaiting shipment (to the Bay Area). Maybe they had to take it all apart and put it back together for an interview question 🤣!

Last edited:

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Iam waiting for update also

I informed the rep , factory tour and will call in Normal IL

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I’m in the same status boat. I selected my vehicle on 1/19 and my guide said it’s still at the factory awaiting shipment (to the Bay Area). Maybe they had to take it all apart and put it back together for an interview question 🤣!
I got a VIN on 1/22 and am in the Bay Area too. Haven’t pestered my guide in a few days but last I heard the car was still in Normal.

Sponsored

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
I got a VIN on 1/22 and am in the Bay Area too. Haven’t pestered my guide in a few days but last I heard the car was still in Normal.
I got VIN on 12/27/22 also in the Bay Area, My guide said the car was still "in transit" due by 2nd week of Feb...

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I got VIN on 12/27/22 also in the Bay Area, My guide said the car was still "in transit" due by 2nd week of Feb...
That’s a glacial pace

Shaun.Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y/ R1T
I haven't posted on here much, I haven't had much to post (been reading a lot though). But I just spoke with my Guide and my truck is on a train from IL and expected at the end of February to the Costa Mesa delivery center. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13, picked out a completely different config than what I had ordered on 1/20 and completed most of the 8 steps. So now it's just a waiting game. It's a bit longer than I was thinking it would take, but whatever, I made it 48 years without an R1T, another couple weeks will be fine.

I selected a triple black combination with 20" AT's. I don't know why I would do the black on black because I hate maintaining black vehicles and it'll be 1000 degrees in the summer here, but it just looked so good in the configurator. I really wanted the manual tonneau which the new config doesn't have, but my Guide assured me that it will be available soon in the Gear Shop and that I will get the old pricing on it.

Thanks @jebinc for the nudge on making the purchase. At least I think thanks, I guess it all depends on how much I like the truck!
I placed the shop order on Jan 13 as well. OC
I haven't posted on here much, I haven't had much to post (been reading a lot though). But I just spoke with my Guide and my truck is on a train from IL and expected at the end of February to the Costa Mesa delivery center. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13, picked out a completely different config than what I had ordered on 1/20 and completed most of the 8 steps. So now it's just a waiting game. It's a bit longer than I was thinking it would take, but whatever, I made it 48 years without an R1T, another couple weeks will be fine.

I selected a triple black combination with 20" AT's. I don't know why I would do the black on black because I hate maintaining black vehicles and it'll be 1000 degrees in the summer here, but it just looked so good in the configurator. I really wanted the manual tonneau which the new config doesn't have, but my Guide assured me that it will be available soon in the Gear Shop and that I will get the old pricing on it.

Thanks @jebinc for the nudge on making the purchase. At least I think thanks, I guess it all depends on how much I like the truck!
Same situation with you, order confirmed on 1/13, just receive a call today (1/31), mine is in El segundo service center and ready to pick up this Friday.

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I placed the shop order on Jan 13 as well. OC

Same situation with you, order confirmed on 1/13, just receive a call today (1/31), mine is in El segundo service center and ready to pick up this Friday.
Oh man…….I should hit up my Guide and see if there’s an update. I just can’t believe the train is that slow, maybe it’s floating around the SC.

Congrats on the Friday pickup, BTW!
Sponsored