First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
@uthatch I did enjoy enjoy the CY loaner more than my 1st choice, FG, loaner, and am doubling down on LA Silver with black wheels, running boards @EV Sportline and black 20" AT forged wheels!

Rivian R1T R1S Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T IMG_4958
Rivian R1T R1S Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T IMG_4959
Rivian R1T R1S Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T IMG_4960
Rivian R1T R1S Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T 69040172837__97FDDCBA-9645-4CAE-86B1-0A7E4BD88D1E
Rivian R1T R1S Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T IMG_6109
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I tried, but none showed in the Shop. I showed incredible strength and resilience for an entire week. Far beyond what any one man can normally muster. Then I caved like a cowardly weakling when I saw that config.

But I don't care, it looks sick! 😁
Talk to me, in... say...... August! How does fire soot look on black? I went with Silver because it looks clean, even when it's dirty!

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Talk to me, in...... August! How does fire soot look on black? I went with Silver because it looks clean, even when it's dirty!
I don't think one can see fire soot on black. Might be a winner because of that right there.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
@uthatch I did enjoy enjoy the CY loaner more than my 1st choice, FG, loaner, and am doubling down on LA Silver with black wheels, running boards @EV Sportline and black 20" AT forged wheels!

IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4959.jpeg
IMG_4960.jpeg
69040172837__97FDDCBA-9645-4CAE-86B1-0A7E4BD88D1E.jpeg
IMG_6109.jpeg
Not the biggest silver fan, but stealth wrap on silver with black wheels is one of the coolest combos I’ve seen on the R1T.

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Getting boards or sliders for that truck? There are three emerging options/suppliers....
No I doubt it. I'm never a fan of the look of running boards in general. And climbing into the vehicle keeps the family and I in tip top shape, they love it. Particularly good for this was a G550 4x4 Squared I had back in 2017. Getting in and out was always a crowd pleaser.

But I digress...I doubt I'll get running boards or rock sliders since I doubt I'll use it very hard off road. I'd LOVE to do a Baja trip with it, so no sliders needed there, but I don't have nearly enough faith in the charging network and don't want to donate a Rivian to Baja.

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

@jebinc Hey! We do have R600 satin black wheels IN-STOCK! Come on and get some, those I can ship today! Running boards, we'll, we're running as fast as we can! 🙏🏻
Rivian R1T R1S Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T 1ev-r600-rivian-r1t-forged-20-inch-aftermarket-wheel-satin-black-5_21adb16c-104a-4836-9f3a-fe1

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Talk to me, in... say...... August! How does fire soot look on black? I went with Silver because it looks clean, even when it's dirty!
My order is the same spec as yours….for the same reasons!

Sponsored

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
I haven't posted on here much, I haven't had much to post (been reading a lot though). But I just spoke with my Guide and my truck is on a train from IL and expected at the end of February to the Costa Mesa delivery center. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13, picked out a completely different config than what I had ordered on 1/20 and completed most of the 8 steps. So now it's just a waiting game. It's a bit longer than I was thinking it would take, but whatever, I made it 48 years without an R1T, another couple weeks will be fine.

I selected a triple black combination with 20" AT's. I don't know why I would do the black on black because I hate maintaining black vehicles and it'll be 1000 degrees in the summer here, but it just looked so good in the configurator. I really wanted the manual tonneau which the new config doesn't have, but my Guide assured me that it will be available soon in the Gear Shop and that I will get the old pricing on it.

Thanks @jebinc for the nudge on making the purchase. At least I think thanks, I guess it all depends on how much I like the truck!
As an old Ford salesman who got me into a 1997 F-150 that was black, he said and i quote, "Aint nothing like black" Just roll with it and if you don't, I'll take it!
Congrats!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@jebinc Hey! We do have R600 satin black wheels IN-STOCK! Come on and get some, those I can ship today! Running boards, we'll, we're running as fast as we can! 🙏🏻
1ev-r600-rivian-r1t-forged-20-inch-aftermarket-wheel-satin-black-5_21adb16c-104a-4836-9f3a-fe1...jpg
Hey, Brian! I'm not seeing the pictured wheels on your site; perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area. Thanks for adding a link for all of us to enjoy! Yes, looking forward to hearing that my running boards have shipped! @EV Sportline

Edit: Found them!
https://evsportline.com/collections...ivian-r1t-r1s-set-of-4?variant=41103875506316

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs