Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-service

Rivian Service is our proactive and personal approach to vehicle care, centered around the lives of our owners.
Through remote diagnostics, a large fleet of mobile service vans staffed with Rivian Technicians, a network of service centers and a flexible loaner program, our approach to vehicle care requires very little from you.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service / Remote Care - Official Info Release! 1617297416761

SIMPLE AND SMART
As a Rivian owner, routine service will be simple from day one. One of the great things about an EV is that aside from items like a cabin air filter, tires and wiper blades, there isn’t much to do. Instead of tracking the months or miles until your next service appointment, simply live with and enjoy your Rivian while we proactively support your vehicle's health in the background.

Rivian Remote Care enables us to perform comprehensive diagnostics from afar through our connected vehicle platform. Most issues can be identified proactively thanks to our suite of onboard sensors and associated predictive algorithms. We can often notify you before you even sense a problem.

Over-the-air software updates will continually optimize how your vehicle performs while simultaneously enhancing its features — all automatically. If an issue is detected, we have multiple paths to resolve it with minimal hassle for you.

WE COME TO YOU
Our fleet of mobile service vans can perform a majority of vehicle care needs at your home, place of work or wherever your vehicle might be. In many instances, you don’t even have to be present, so you can carry on with your day. Mobile service is available for all Rivian owners anywhere in the US and Canada. As we expand into other markets, our suite of Rivian vehicle care capabilities, including mobile service, will continue to be a key component of our strategy.

With Rivian Technicians performing the work, our team is trained and equipped for all types of repairs in all sorts of weather — yes, even Minnesota winters.

If more extensive care is needed, we will pick up your vehicle, bring it to a Rivian Service Center and return it back to you. Over 40 Rivian Service Centers are scheduled to open in the US and Canada in the coming year, with more planned in the future.

We have also established a nationwide network of Rivian-owned and Rivian-certified collision centers to handle bodywork and exterior damage. Between our mobile fleet, service centers and collision network, Rivian Service provides comprehensive vehicle care for our owners.

HERE TO HELP
Rivian’s Service Platform has been developed in-house as a single end-to-end experience. Your vehicle, app and the Rivian Service Team — all connected through the Rivian Cloud — work together seamlessly to make servicing your vehicle simple, convenient and transparent.

Identify

We’ll either proactively notify you of an issue or you can contact us directly through your app by calling our Rivian Service Team 24/7, or your Rivian Guide. Next, we’ll set the optimal repair plan.

Plan

We’ll review the repair plan with you and schedule a time that is convenient. You can then review and approve the plan in your app.

Visit

With the repair plan set, a Rivian Technician will come to you. If more extensive work is required, we’ll transport your vehicle to one of our Service Centers and return it to you, providing a loaner in the meantime. You can track progress on your vehicle anytime through your Rivian app.

You will have a 24/7 direct line to our Service Team available through your vehicle or Rivian app. Our Service Team members have extensive training on our vehicles and are empowered to solve problems.

More comprehensive details on Rivian Service will be provided when you take delivery. Until then, for any questions about our service or warranty programs, please visit rivian.com/support for online help and to reach us by chat, phone or email. We are available Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 8 PM CST.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
This is what I expected and that is a win!

No details on what service is included with the vehicle but I imagine we will get that in May.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

This sounds pretty much like the service I received for the first 4 years of owning my Model X. However, they no longer offer the valet service and now you have to drive to the service center. Hopefully Rivian has a plan to maintain this level of service for the long term, and not just during initial growth phases.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
So who's ready to test their statement of "anywhere in the US and Canada"

Let's see.... somewhere in Death Valley or maybe the Dempster Highway...aye....

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I wonder what type of loaner they lend out. Another Rivian? It's always nice to get a similar vehicle. Especially one I wouldn't have to fill with dirty old gasoline.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Overall, looks pretty good. My main concern is turnaround time. If I need service, how long will it take to to get an appointment? A day or two? Or weeks?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I wonder what type of loaner they lend out. Another Rivian? It's always nice to get a similar vehicle. Especially one I wouldn't have to fill with dirty old gasoline.
I would be supremely disappointed if it wasn't another Rivian.

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I mean, it sounds pretty similar to Tesla. I suppose the difference will be in the execution of this plan.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Which car company current gives you a loaner, of the same brand, when you are having service?

Over the years I have done that with my BMWs....but they have scaled that way back. Honestly any loaner will be fine with me. Hopefully I won't ever need a loaner....

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
I would be supremely disappointed if it wasn't another Rivian.
I was just told by customer service they will loan out Rivian Prime Electric Delivery Vans. Hey, still EV, and maybe you can make an extra buck while you wait?
Sponsored