Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Since I upgraded from my iPhone X to 14 the charging pad became completely useless to me. So I decided to make my own mod to fix that and I'm really happy with how it came out.

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - MagSafe Charging Pad IMG_0528

The Rivian rubber mat is removed and this is put in its place. This is 3D printed with PC filament (no melting on hot days) and then wrapped with 3M 2080 Vinyl. The vinyl has honeycomb pattern (matrix) that has a really nice texture to the touch. As a bonus it's pretty similar to the compass logo texture that is found in the vehicle (ie back of the seats). Really gives it a premium feel. Apple MagSafe chargers are pushed up from underneath and plug them into the USB ports in the center console.

I am selling these at: https://adventurehightech.com/

This is sized specifically for the standard size iPhone, bigger phones would block the pocket. A max size version could be offered if there is demand though. Also thinking of different wraps, tried matte black but liked this better. Carbon fiber would probably be nice as well. Don't want to offer too many options to start like Rivian did though ;).

What do you'll think?

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - MagSafe Charging Pad IMG_0535

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - MagSafe Charging Pad IMG_0526

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - MagSafe Charging Pad IMG_0363

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - MagSafe Charging Pad IMG_0522
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

No, selling the actual pads. These use the Apple MagSafe chargers. I'm testing some other ones as well.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

So, is that little drop off just enough for the iphone camera bump? Also, how well does it work with a plastic case... thx..

edit: BTW, I think that looks phenomenal.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

So, is that little drop off just enough for the iphone camera bump? Also, how well does it work with a plastic case... thx..

edit: BTW, I think that looks phenomenal.
Thanks!

Yep, just need that drop off for the bump. I'm testing with an Apple Leather MagSafe case. I think it should work with most other cases too. I also gave a little bit of extra room at the back for bigger cases.

This fits the standard iPhones, I should be offering one for Max sized phones in a few days.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Would you include a blank if someone wanted this, but only wanted to use one MagSafe charger right now or permanently?

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Would you include a blank if someone wanted this, but only wanted to use one MagSafe charger right now or permanently?
That is probably something I could offer. I will look into it as you are not the first person to ask.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
That is probably something I could offer. I will look into it as you are not the first person to ask.
That would leave the buyer with flexibility. I like the design of this over what I'm using now, but only need/have one MagSafe charger at the moment.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Thanks!

Yep, just need that drop off for the bump. I'm testing with an Apple Leather MagSafe case. I think it should work with most other cases too. I also gave a little bit of extra room at the back for bigger cases.

This fits the standard iPhones, I should be offering one for Max sized phones in a few days.
That drop would help with Google Pixel 6 and 7 camera bumps too.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Since I upgraded from my iPhone X to 14 the charging pad became completely useless to me. So I decided to make my own mod to fix that and I'm really happy with how it came out.

IMG_0528.jpeg

The Rivian rubber mat is removed and this is put in its place. This is 3D printed with PC filament (no melting on hot days) and then wrapped with 3M 2080 Vinyl. The vinyl has honeycomb pattern (matrix) that has a really nice texture to the touch. As a bonus it's pretty similar to the compass logo texture that is found in the vehicle (ie back of the seats). Really gives it a premium feel. Apple MagSafe chargers are pushed up from underneath and plug them into the USB ports in the center console.

I am selling these at: https://adventurehightech.com/

This is sized specifically for the standard size iPhone, bigger phones would block the pocket. A max size version could be offered if there is demand though. Also thinking of different wraps, tried matte black but liked this better. Carbon fiber would probably be nice as well. Don't want to offer too many options to start like Rivian did though ;).

What do you'll think?

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg
These look great! What would you recommend in my situation where I have the bigger iPhone, and my wife has the normal size one? Will the one that you're working on for the bigger iPhone work for the regular as well when my wife is in the car?

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
How do you remove the existing rivian rubber mat?

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

These look great! What would you recommend in my situation where I have the bigger iPhone, and my wife has the normal size one? Will the one that you're working on for the bigger iPhone work for the regular as well when my wife is in the car?
The Max version will still work with the regular sized iPhone so I'd recommend that. It does cover the pocket more though, so that is a downside.

Here's a prototype of the Max pad for reference, iPhone 14 on left, 14 Max case on right.

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - MagSafe Charging Pad IMG_0544

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

How do you remove the existing rivian rubber mat?
Rubber mat is pretty easy to pull out actually. The Rivian mat snaps out starting at the pocket and then you pull it off. It's mostly attached with some double sided tape. I plan on making a quick video but you can probably find something on youtube right now.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Looks really great. Ordered!

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr