Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
tale As old as time: company full of talented employees let down by management.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Im sure itā€™s all trueā€¦after all look at the source!
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian plant workers report safety issues causing injuries, crushed/broken limbs, faulty sensors... Anyone remember the film Christine? 4204A39C-9B52-4A51-A2D6-BA0ED92E55A0

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
4204A39C-9B52-4A51-A2D6-BA0ED92E55A0.png
That doesnā€™t mean it didnā€™t happen. The article includes the words of several of the concerned parties. It also doesnā€™t prove Rivian as a whole did anything wrong. Sometimes there are issues and it comes down to individual managers or employees not following best practices. They definitely should act quickly to investigate and take action To fix this.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

That doesnā€™t mean it didnā€™t happen. The article includes the words of several of the concerned parties. It also doesnā€™t prove Rivian as a whole did anything wrong. Sometimes there are issues and it comes down to individual managers or employees not following best practices. They definitely should act quickly to investigate and take action To fix this.
I never said it didnā€™t happen, in fact I said itā€™s all true.

The article should be written after the fact with facts, but that wouldnā€™t generate clicks

I just donā€™t let the clickbait driven news full of ā€œsources sayā€ off the hook easily. The amount of fake and later retracted in the fine print news is fairly sickening at this point. If thereā€™s any truth to the article I hope Rivian addresses it quickly.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Sad to read. They definitely have an uphill battle with the market conditions and tight labor pool so they need to make their employeeā€™s health and safety priority 1 to reduce turnover. Hopefully they learn from it and improve

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
full of ā€œsources sayā€
To be fair thatā€™s been pretty standard for as long as people have been speaking to journailists while not wanting to be named for fear of repercussions.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
4204A39C-9B52-4A51-A2D6-BA0ED92E55A0.png
LOL. I guess I should wait for Faux News to report on this before posting. As a shareholder I thought other shareholders would be curious.

As a Stephen King fan, I thought Christine.

ETA: IMHO this seems like a problem if true "One Rivian employee said management fished damaged electrical cables out of the garbage and told employees to use them."

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Literally any of this is a problem if true.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

As a shareholder I thought other shareholders would be curious. [/QUOTE said:
I too am a shareholder and thatā€™s why I dislike this clickbait news era we are forced to live in. As a retail investor itā€™s hard enough to keep up with the short sellers. This is like pouring gas on their fire. There was a time long ago when it was ā€œinnocent until proven guiltyā€ now itā€™s print anything for the clicks and ask forgiveness later. If 3 months from now Rivian proved this to be false, then there was no need for the ā€œfakeā€ story and the stock to go down even more. But I guess we canā€™t wait for the truth/ outcome.

Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Airline Pilot
This report does name names and gives details.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/manufacturing/rivian-accused-safety-violations-workers

And the sexual harassment suit is a bad look as well.

https://www.wglt.org/local-news/202...arassment-case-despite-new-law-prohibiting-it

This is starting to look like a fast growing upstart company that may be cutting some corners to meet production demands.
I know businesses don't like unions but I would say they have only a very limited period of time to straighten this stuff out or they will find the UAW on the property pretty damn quick.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
If all this is true, then there must be reports to OSHA, regarding these safety violations. I really couldnā€™t find much from OSHAā€™s website, but below is a violation I could find. I didnā€™t see any violations regarding crushed or broken limbs. I think OSHA should be used as the source for safety violations, not Bloomberg or any other news source.

https://www.osha.gov/ords/imis/establishment.inspection_detail?id=1599686.015

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I have absolutely no idea about any of the details of this but I can say that Iā€™ve had the fortune of working with a few really great plant managers in my career. Each of them learned from the next and they always hammered on only two things, quality and safety. If you can nail those two, the rest will follow. I stayed long enough to see that faith turned to fact.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

From the articleā€¦

ā€œ All 12 employees, one of whom has since left Rivian, filed their complaints in coordination with the United Auto Workers union, which has been trying to organize Rivian plant workers over the past year. The UAW shared the filings with Bloomberg News.ā€

The UAW would never attempt to strong arm a company.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Sponsored