Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
My employees joke about how seriously I take safety at work. Reporting every injury no matter how minor, having quality first aid supplies, making sure that materials and equipment used are in good condition.

In my business now injuries are a really low risk but I can’t help but carry with me the safety culture of construction. People would find it far less funny if they had to look for pieces of a coworker’s hand or had a death on their job site. Safety for sure isn’t a joke and even a momentary lapse is enough.

I’ve had a few close calls myself and got extremely lucky. I also don’t see how any business worth their salt shortcuts safety. Usually those places don’t last too long.
" @Donald Stanfield takes safety so seriously, at his shop if you think you're gonna break a sweat you have to get a 'hot work' permit"

" @Donald Stanfield takes safety so seriously, you have to get a confined spaces permit to poop in a regular bathroom stall"
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My employees joke about how seriously I take safety at work. Reporting every injury no matter how minor, having quality first aid supplies, making sure that materials and equipment used are in good condition.

In my business now injuries are a really low risk but I can’t help but carry with me the safety culture of construction. People would find it far less funny if they had to look for pieces of a coworker’s hand or had a death on their job site. Safety for sure isn’t a joke and even a momentary lapse is enough.

I’ve had a few close calls myself and got extremely lucky. I also don’t see how any business worth their salt shortcuts safety. Usually those places don’t last too long.
That's actually part of the problem, right? Getting staff to understand that it's something to be valued instead of just another annoyance. We struggle with that because our staff is younger and they all think it will never happen to them. Like you I've had enough close calls to know it could be a millisecond difference between being fine and being seriously injured or killed. Good on you for making it as safe as possible.