oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Live 45 minutes from the factory so hope they allow factory pickup as it'll take me about 2 hours more of driving to pick up from their closest retail location in Chicago.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Home delivery is primary. See discussion on this thread.

Chicago showroom might be a while. Here's a pic from last week on this thread.
Rivian R1T R1S Who will get theirs first? dhegpngujm0sdzoncxmvkwwmb5qzwog-w2524-h1892-no-

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Live 45 minutes from the factory so hope they allow factory pickup as it'll take me about 2 hours more of driving to pick up from their closest retail location in Chicago.
Home Delivery is Rivian's stated preferred method, so I wouldn't expect to drive anywhere to pick it up.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Hey, if paint color choice impacts delivery timing, then I'll take my R1T in Amazon blue-gray if it comes sooner! :captain:

OP
OP
Whataboykie!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Hey, if paint color choice impacts delivery timing, then I'll take my R1T in Amazon blue-gray if it comes sooner! :captain:
Yeah me too!

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
My guess is that the first R1T's built will be Launch Green. Else why call it Launch Green? :like:

I actually wouldn't mind Amazon Blue as an R1T color choice. (but not for $2,500)

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
Home Delivery is Rivian's stated preferred method, so I wouldn't expect to drive anywhere to pick it up.
Unless you live in one of these yellow or red states. Then it really doesn’t matter where you are on the queue or version you picked. If your state doesn’t allow direct sales, things will get messy for a bunch of us.

Rivian R1T R1S Who will get theirs first? 00255E87-6348-4907-97DE-1E4C7A53F358

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
As we speak, several efforts are happening in multiple states to pass these direct sales bills. Check with your state’s legislature to see how you can help. I live in WA and we are in that process.

Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Unless you live in one of these yellow or red states. Then it really doesn’t matter where you are on the queue or version you picked. If your state doesn’t allow direct sales, things will get messy for a bunch of us.

00255E87-6348-4907-97DE-1E4C7A53F358.png
Protectionism at work. Thankfully I’m in Florida. I’m pretty sure Texas has an easy workaround.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Home Delivery is how they get around no direct sales. The sale is completed electronically in a state that allows direct sales, most likely Illinois in Rivian's case, and is then delivered to your home by a third party carrier. You have no direct contact with Rivian in your home state, therefore they are not violating any rules.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Home Delivery is how they get around no direct sales. The sale is completed electronically in a state that allows direct sales, most likely Illinois in Rivian's case, and is then delivered to your home by a third party carrier. You have no direct contact with Rivian in your home state, therefore they are not violating any rules.
Correct... and there is no shortage of Tesla cars here in TX. I do find it somewhat ironic that Tesla is building a new gigafactory down near Austin and still can't sell direct in the state.

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes and no. Some states, like WA, doesn’t even allow car manufacturers, like Rivian, to deliver at home. In my case, I would have to go to Oregon or Idaho to pick it up at a designated location. The problem though is that if that ended up being the case, that means there is no representation at my state, or service center, therefore is kinda risky for Rivian to deliver. In other words, if WA takes time to pass the bill I will have to wait.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This may have already been posted but Rivian has a ton of openings (1367 postings). Seems like this one;

https://boards.greenhouse.io/rivian/jobs/4412071003

shows the job responsibilities for the home delivery positions.

Looks like a lot of effort in the home delivery model.
Sponsored