DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Oh I’m so glad to see I’m not the only one with this rule - if a company doesn’t have enough concern about their public image to hire an editor to review all of their publications, what makes us believe they’ll be concerned enough to actually make a great product? And the day Rivian publishes anything using “breaks” instead of “brakes” I’m canceling my preorder. :punch:
Wow! You guys aer beeng reely picky. That kine of staff dousn't meen much to me. I geuss it depends no wear youre coming frmo.

All kidding aside, every one of my intentionally misspelled words required me to veto my $249.99 tablet's autocorrect function to enter them. Funnier yet, it just now failed to have any feedback or options for the word "autocorrect". You'd think the Marketing department at Wallbox would catch their errors, no matter what language they were targeting.

That said, finding misspellings in ads is like finding them in resumes. "NEXT!"
Sponsored

Last edited:

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’m still in - until and unless they start recruiting for a “Project Manger for Breaking Systems”. ?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
It's got some of that Lexus pearlescent sheen to it - if this is the direction they're going in for the Glacier White, I might be intrigued. But I'm not yet holding my breath, there definitely might be some photo editing magic at play here.
Note this install is outdoors.

It could be as simple as "this is what a beautiful sunset looks like reflected off of just about any white car"

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Note this install is outdoors.

It could be as simple as "this is what a beautiful sunset looks like reflected off of just about any white car"
Could be - now that you mention it, the wall on the far right that is facing outward also has a red tinge to it.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I think it’s just weird colored lighting they used. The wall perpendicular to the one on which the charger is mounted also has a pink hue, but I suspect it’s all white wall with strange lighting off to the right.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Ya’ll know I was kidding about the rose gold thing, right? Wasn’t actually trying to start a fact-finding expedition or anything here

OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
yeah, that strange lighting is what they call a sunset in CA. :)

Sponsored

CO_R1S

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet 2500HD, Preorder R1S
Occupation
Engineer
In a feeble attempt to defend Wallbox... I'm sure the care and consideration put forth by the engineers designing and creating the product is much different than the marketing people that build and maintain their website. With that being said there is never a valid excuse for misspellings in a professional setting, especially with the technology we have at our fingertips.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
In a feeble attempt to defend Wallbox... I'm sure the care and consideration put forth by the engineers designing and creating the product is much different than the marketing people that build and maintain their website. With that being said there is never a valid excuse for misspellings in a professional setting, especially with the technology we have at our fingertips.
My biggest issue with the misspelling is I am not sure I can trust the actual specs they have on the page.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
My biggest issue with the misspelling is I am not sure I can trust the actual specs they have on the page.
That would not be a good sign, no doubt. FWIW, the software companies I've worked at, any specs I wrote up went to a dedicated technical documentation group, where as marketing either did their own copy proofing folks or did it themselves. I would have no problem trusting the doc/specs produced vs. a marketing misspelling even though I agree it doesn't reflect well on the company.

FYI I took the time to write Wallbox and they fixed the spelling...
Did you happen to ask them if they are partnering with Rivian to make EVSEs for them? :idea:
Sponsored