First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Occupation
Cyber Investigations
So....I have only had my R1T for 2 days - but agree with a lot of swhme's comments. The Great - I agree with - the meh - similar. I came from an Audi Q8 - it handles better than a 7K lb Rivian - but I expected that - but am shocked at the number of people who talk about "sport car" handling with the Riv. Camera's are good - not great. The HVAC - not sure - it doesn't seem to be intuitive and so many designers use the vents for styling ques...it's almost like Riv tried to hide them...which limits their effectiveness. Audio is good - but not as good as my Audi's Bang & Olufsen. Again - I am surprised at the people raving about the audio - maybe I just had too high of expectations based upon those raves...bottom line - very good - but have heard better. And totally agree the NAV is bad. My 5 year old condo development is an open field...and google maps, apple maps - everyone else has it on their maps - so very disappointing.

Anyway - still love the truck - just hoping for some improvements. (Oh and tonneau cover stopped working on day #2 - ticket submitted).
Sponsored

OP
OP
swhme

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

There is not lossless audio over Bluetooth in the truck. It won't matter what the source on your phone is the bluetooth protocol and codec available on the truck doesn't support it.
That may be, but the same song in Apple Music via Bluetooth and Spotify through the truck sound remarkably different

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That may be, but the same song in Apple Music via Bluetooth and Spotify through the truck sound remarkably different
Probably not a quality issue then... Spotify sounds a lot better natively on high quality than anything I've streamed over BT on the truck, particularly because it doesn't seem to be using proprietary BT codes.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
On the sports car to truck continuum, it drives more like a sports car. I used to own a BMW SUV and the Rivian drives much much better IMHO.

I also used to own a 911 and the Rivian doesn’t drive anything like a 911. But I also wouldn’t drive my 911 in a snowstorm, a muddy field, a sand dune, etc… and my dog wouldn’t fit in the front seat without hitting his face on the windshield.

Moral of the story: sports cars are great for some things and terrible for others. If I wanted a car that truly drove like a sports car, I’d buy another sports car.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
So I just got my R1T. The Vin # 3700's and was built 04/2022. I noticed the front right roof section is depressed. I believe this is a manufacturing defect. Anyone have similar issue? Thanks y'all

Screenshot_20220524-153835_Gallery.jpg
I have the exact same thing on my R1T

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
In my limited driving experience (hopefully much more extensive soon), the drive of the R1T reminded me very much of my Range Rover, and that’s the primary reason I continued with the purchase. It reminded me of a sports car exactly zero.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
On the sports car to truck continuum, it drives more like a sports car. I used to own a BMW SUV and the Rivian drives much much better IMHO.

I also used to own a 911 and the Rivian doesn’t drive anything like a 911. But I also wouldn’t drive my 911 in a snowstorm, a muddy field, a sand dune, etc… and my dog wouldn’t fit in the front seat without hitting his face on the windshield.

Moral of the story: sports cars are great for some things and terrible for others. If I wanted a car that truly drove like a sports car, I’d buy another sports car.
I think of it like creating a character in a video game. For example, create a player in Madden. You're normally given say....60 points to distribute between a bunch of different categories. And with a 911 you give it a 90 to 95 on acceleration, turning, and breaking, but about a 3 on ground clearance and a few other things. Most trucks are the opposite.

The R1T is like giving someone a cheat code so they have 90 points to distribute. You can't quite max out each category, but you can get above average to really excellent in almost every category.

RickInPC

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and more…
Occupation
Enthusiast
So I just got my R1T. The Vin # 3700's and was built 04/2022. I noticed the front right roof section is depressed. I believe this is a manufacturing defect. Anyone have similar issue? Thanks y'all

Screenshot_20220524-153835_Gallery.jpg
I have the same issue and plan to point it out when I bring my R1T to the service center next week

Sponsored

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
I was wondering this myself, when everyone was raving about how this thing drives like a sports car. How can something that weighs 7000lbs handle and drive like a sports car?
But you answered that question.

This is what I had expected as well, especially considering the only option is Spotify Streaming. I would really like to see Rivian enable some kind of a local media playback to see how well the Meridian system handles audio.
Because 6000 of the 7000lb are in the very bottom.

OhioBF

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Occupation
Cyber Investigations
So - adjusting my earlier post - the Meridian sound system when streaming is VERY good - on par with my B&O that was in my Audi.....notwithstanding that - the HD radio is lacking and NOT near as good...which is odd to me. Also - the radio seems to occasionally drop the signal...for 5-10s and then reconnect - not sure why.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
I have the same issue and plan to point it out when I bring my R1T to the service center next week
I was at the SC this am. Discussed this roof defect with Rivian rep and they basically say nothing they can do. There were about 6 different R1Ts there and everyone has similar roof defects. Here are pics of my loaner, a brand new R1T. As you can see, driver's side is flush but the passenger side is not
Rivian R1T R1S My thoughts, two weeks into R1T ownership... 20220610_165123
Rivian R1T R1S My thoughts, two weeks into R1T ownership... 20220610_165053

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was at the SC this am. Discussed this roof defect with Rivian rep and they basically say nothing they can do. There were about 6 different R1Ts there and everyone has similar roof defects. Here are pics of my loaner, a brand new R1T. As you can see, driver's side is flush but the passenger side is not
20220610_165123.jpg
20220610_165053.jpg
Aside from 18 wheelers, who is going to see this really? I mean sure, we’d all like it flush on both sides, but this is a stamping issue…same way that both rear passenger doors seem to have a lip vs the front doors…a Rivianism that won’t be solved until refinements in production in future iterations. IMO 🤷‍♂️

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Aside from 18 wheelers, who is going to see this really? I mean sure, we’d all like it flush on both sides, but this is a stamping issue…same way that both rear passenger doors seem to have a lip vs the front doors…a Rivianism that won’t be solved until refinements in production in future iterations. IMO 🤷‍♂️
I'm glade that it doesn't bother you but I noticed this defect very time I clean/dust my Rivian which is daily since I Iive in a dusty area and it bothers me since I paying them nearly $90k cash for it. This should have been caught by Rivian during pre-production stamping shake down.
Sponsored