Sponsored

Adventure vs Explore R1S

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I like your post Leo. I have the same feelings. I am also sticking with the Explore Package. I don't really want to spend an extra $3,000 on a bunch of junk that I don't even like.

Brian
Getting the vehicle a year in advance may help decide.
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Range Rover, Infinti
I'm so glad you revived a year-old thread to share that gem.
Just joined the forum and started to search. Just trying to figure out what everyone is thinking. your comments noted.

Vserra

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '19 CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
Just joined the forum and started to search. Just trying to figure out what everyone is thinking. your comments noted.
So I’ve been on the fence about this too but after the retracted price increase I feel like I can’t not take advantage of adventure now. Don’t really NEED anything in the package, but I’m not sure the monthly difference in price for low 70’s v. High 70’s is worth not having the niceties of ventilated seats, meridian sound system, Bluetooth speaker, really sweet wood dash and upgraded interior and nobody mentioned yet……wait for it…. the integrated flashlight in the door. I feel like I’d be kicking myself for not upgrading especially when we walk away from the deal with essentially $20k added value to the vehicle as opposed to the opposite which is normally true when u drive off a lot with a new vehicle.

Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
So I’ve been on the fence about this too but after the retracted price increase I feel like I can’t not take advantage of adventure now. Don’t really NEED anything in the package, but I’m not sure the monthly difference in price for low 70’s v. High 70’s is worth not having the niceties of ventilated seats, meridian sound system, Bluetooth speaker, really sweet wood dash and upgraded interior and nobody mentioned yet……wait for it…. the integrated flashlight in the door. I feel like I’d be kicking myself for not upgrading especially when we walk away from the deal with essentially $20k added value to the vehicle as opposed to the opposite which is normally true when u drive off a lot with a new vehicle.
I was 100% explore but I’m thinking this now too and changed my reservation in case it means I get the R1S sooner. I’ll go back to explore if the delivery timeframe is the same.

tierneyalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y R1S pre-order
I was 100% explore but I’m thinking this now too and changed my reservation in case it means I get the R1S sooner. I’ll go back to explore if the delivery timeframe is the same.
is it confirmed adventure is going out first because I’m explore rn but will change to jump the line

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Most Adventure holders will also get theirs in 2023 but since Rivian will be used to making Adventure spec models and make more money on them (even with the old price) I would expect them to get priority over the Explore. Also since Explore is new I can foresee some delays on getting the materials right etc.

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I reserved my Adventure R1S in Oct 2021 last year. Rivian is telling me I will receive mine in one year. In the first half of 2023. Given that R1S haven’t been producing, I really think that timeline is optimistic.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

You really believe you’re going to receive your Explore R1S in Oct-Dec of this year after only reserving in Aug 2021? I would estimate 2024 at the earliest. People started reservations in 2019.
Actually, our reservation date is November 28, 2018, and that was on the third day that reservations were taken. When we were given the opportunity to upgrade from Explore to Adventure, we declined even though it would move our delivery date sooner. We have an estimated delivery date of the first half of 2023. When they do start producing the Explore, we should get one of the very ones.

Brian

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If you reserved in 2018 and you have a delivery date on the first half of 2023, there is no way my delivery window is the same as yours because I reserved in 2021.

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Range Rover, Infinti

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
I too am constantly going back and forth trying to justify the Adventure package. The main draws for me are the Meridian sound system the cooled seats and the bluetooth speaker. Living in the Pacific Northwest, cooled seats are a nice to have but not needed. The Bluetooth speaker? cool but nothing to make a decision over. The upgraded interior? Better fake leather and materials i've never heard of won't move the needle so that leaves only the Meridian. Not worth the massive premium. Regardless, I still think about it but as of now, I'm sticking with the Explore.
I like your post Leo. I have the same feelings. I am also sticking with the Explore Package. I don't really want to spend an extra $3,000 on a bunch of junk that I don't even like.

Brian
No argument here. I'm going Adventure, largely because I'm a sucker for a better, integrated music experience. However, if I actually get to see the Adventure in person and the music system doesn't wow me nor the OC interior *and* changing to the Explore package won't back me up into 2024 ... yeah, I could easily change my configuration.
Sponsored