Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I ordered the SUV on 12/11/2018. I wonder where that places me in delivery queue?
Your "raw" order # should be around 3700, putting your actual place in line around 2700.

Your actual config will determine production/delivery timeframe.
Sponsored

jacksonhandy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GTI
I pre-ordered Jan 30 of 2020. I did the order number in the page code, but didn’t save it, I remember something around 40k.

Anxiously awaiting the configurator. I want to get back into a truck, and the 2021 F150 has a lot of cool tech that might fit well with my RV desires, haha.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I pre-ordered Jan 30 of 2020. I did the order number in the page code, but didn’t save it, I remember something around 40k.

Anxiously awaiting the configurator. I want to get back into a truck, and the 2021 F150 has a lot of cool tech that might fit well with my RV desires, haha.
Raw order # around 41K & place in line around 21K.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf and 2018 Bolt
Occupation
Semi-retired software business owner
Your "raw" order # should be around 3700, putting your actual place in line around 2700.

Your actual config will determine production/delivery timeframe.
Thank you. That's probably good news because I don't think I want one of the first few cars produced. Someone else can help work out the kinks and bugs, thank you!!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Thank you. That's probably good news because I don't think I want one of the first few cars produced. Someone else can help work out the kinks and bugs, thank you!!
Unlike some competitors, Rivian is taking a more traditional approach of setting up their line and producing hundreds of vehicles for testing that will never be sold.
This validates both the production process and getting extensive real world testing on production spec vehicles. That kind of testing is likely to catch issues like bumpers that get torn off by driving through puddles in the road, issues with using the various public charging networks, etc.
It probably won't be too long before we start hearing reports (and likely seeing photos) of Rivians spotted "in the wild". If there is an EA station near you, keep an eye out as catching test vehicles while stopped to charge is the most common scenario.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Unlike some competitors, Rivian is taking a more traditional approach of setting up their line and producing hundreds of vehicles for testing that will never be sold.
This validates both the production process and getting extensive real world testing on production spec vehicles. That kind of testing is likely to catch issues like bumpers that get torn off by driving through puddles in the road, issues with using the various public charging networks, etc.
It probably won't be too long before we start hearing reports (and likely seeing photos) of Rivians spotted "in the wild". If there is an EA station near you, keep an eye out as catching test vehicles while stopped to charge is the most common scenario.

I agree with you but honestly I am curious how much progress do you think has been made ? I feel like they may have produced 10s of vehicles but not enough to fully test vehicles while we are literally months away from release.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Here is one spotted

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Today

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I agree with you but honestly I am curious how much progress do you think has been made ? I feel like they may have produced 10s of vehicles but not enough to fully test vehicles while we are literally months away from release.
They have said they will do "hundreds" of preproduction vehicles.

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
January 22 2019

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Late to the game! August 2020:cool:
Better late than never! You are ahead of most people that will end up with a Rivian over the next few years. I rarely find anyone else who has even heard of Rivian, much less placed a deposit on one.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Better late than never! You are ahead of most people that will end up with a Rivian over the next few years. I rarely find anyone else who has even heard of Rivian, much less placed a deposit on one.
when I talk to people about Rivian they call it, "the Amazon company"