Sponsored

Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Land Rover made a little rubberized cover for the charging pad if you want to keep other things on it instead. If my Rivian ever comes imma get on this…?
Would you mind posting a picture of this?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This is making me seriously reconsider the floor mats. Aftermarket can surely do better and there is so much other Rivian branding throughout I don't think I will miss the logo on the mats.
Likewise. I just see that space filling up with crud. Wonder if it’s any different with the chilewich ones.

OP
OP

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything
Likewise. I just see that space filling up with crud. Wonder if it’s any different with the chilewich ones.
The ones it come with are cut the same. Only difference are that these offer better protection on the inboard side.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The ones it come with are cut the same. Only difference are that these offer better protection on the inboard side.
That’s annoying. Does the door get in the way or something? I wonder why it doesn’t go right to the sill.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Do you know if you order the all weather mats if you also get the chilewich, or is it an either or?

Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
This is interesting. The first few deliveries for members on this forum didn’t really have any fit and finish issues. It is going to be interesting to see if the fit and finish starts to suffer as we get more deliveries of cars made closer to quarter end. I have heard that Tesla is notorious for delivering cars with major fit and finish issues close to quarter end because they are trying to produce and deliver as many cars as possible for their next earnings report.
This was specifically addressed by Elon recently I believe. But it is true that did happen for a long long time.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Mine

-No homelink, I understand it will be added later via ota.
-No good storage cubbies for sunglasses/garage clickers.
-Drivers seat needs to go lower, at full down, it sits higher than the passenger side. Driving position is very upright.
-Rear legroom, everyone talked how great it was with adults, but with toddlers in carseats. Legroom is very tight.
-Key fob sometimes feels laggy when unlocking.
-No button to lock and unlock from the door. Like a traditional smart key system. I either have to have it auto open/lock or pull out the key each time.
-Auto open/lock is unpredictable. Sometimes its really sensitive and unlocks it self when I'm indoors, sometimes I'm at the door and I have to wait to detect. Would much rather have a touch sensitive part of the door that will unlock/lock.
-Dashcam for driving/remote viewing thru app. Could be added later via ota.
-Browser? Youtube/YTMusic? Apps in general? Hopefully they add more in the future.
-Comfort drive mode, make it ride really smooth.
-Wireless charging pad is terrible even with no case. Perhaps it works better on apple devices but not Note20/Pixel6. It's a very narrow window and between the slippery surface the phone slides around.
I do not have issues with the keyfob, rear legroom( I'm short and so is my family), driver position, or auto-lock. Everything else, fully agree.

One thing is when the ac is running, it is loud outside the vehicle. Like really loud.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I have a few fitment issues

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Would you mind posting a picture of this?
Best I can do quickly- it is the ribbed piece in front of the phone in this image…

Rivian R1T R1S Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far? B304C99C-AFDF-4360-8F9F-3A596E7B7324

…and here’s the console with the piece removed, exposing the charging pad and cupholders..

Rivian R1T R1S Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far? 6522FF3F-6E69-4FBF-AAC9-3497CE34C466

the piece fits in the cove covering either the cupholders like the first image or the charging pad…

Rivian R1T R1S Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far? B31351BF-0DAF-48E9-952C-56B7C441EBB8

…and here’s the piece flipped and covering the charge pad…

I’ll try to update later with picture of just the piece itself…

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Question for other owners:

In trying to set my "Home" in the navigation app, when I enter my real mailing address it's showing up about 600 feet down the street on the map. While not a huge issue, it gets quirky when using the gear guard setting to be on when "Away from Home". It's still recording at Home when it's not supposed to. Is there a way to use "Current Location" to set the "Home" position in the navigation app?

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Just a FYI, it seems the ability to set different charging schedules for home and away is in the software just not *maybe* available yet? I briefly saw it today but couldn't reproduce it to take a picture or video.

It's possible the setting is GPS based and at work it will let me set a schedule for everything else and when i get home it will let me set it for home, i'll test later.

The option on the schedule screen read "when away from home".

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I know some people had problems / concerns about the wireless charger.

It's VERY easy to unplug.

My phone doesn't have wireless charging and I was having issues with it getting hot on the wireless charger even though it doesn't have it.

I simply popped off the "nonslip" mat, three easy clips, unplugged the unit, and put it all back together.

If someone has a 3d printer you could easily create some things to go in it's place as well.
I am curious if you have done this? It would be interesting to see what you could do with the printer... It might help to add some storage to the center console for smaller things? Maybe a sliding tray or something?

ResidualReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Limited
Occupation
CTO
I am curious if you have done this? It would be interesting to see what you could do with the printer... It might help to add some storage to the center console for smaller things? Maybe a sliding tray or something?
Would be awesome is a new pad that holds an apple magsafe charger so the phone charges fast, snaps into place, and stays put.
Sponsored