Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Don In Winnipeg have a Adventure/max pack R1T order from Feb. 2020, have not got an email. When did you order yours?
July 2021.
I talked to a neighbour, he’s got a launch edition that they’re saying will be jul-September. And a max pack R1T 2nd half 2023, same as mine.

Contact rivian via their customer service chat or call/email. They’re pretty responsive. They should have a date range for you, but I can tell you right now it will be 2nd half of 2023. For what it’s worth I got the delivery window estimate email on December 28th.

Rivian is having issues delivering in the U.S. You all seriously expect them to cover another country, despite it being a neighbor country. They need to tackle one hurdle at a time till they get the ramp up to speed. They're still in their inception stage at this point folks. Baby steps ...
Don’t be such a seagull. it’s reasonable to take the provided date at face value. It might change. It might not.
Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I expect they will do what they say. They took our deposits and gave a timeline and delivery estimates to canadian customers. What is the point you are trying to make?
Sorry to say it - Then you have an unrealistic expectation from a company that still too new in this field to comply with international demands.

Don’t be such a seagull. it’s reasonable to take the provided date at face value. It might change. It might not.
It's unreasonable for anyone to expect a company still this new to cover international requests when they're struggling to comply with local ones. I'm not being a seagull, I'm being flat up honest and realistic. That others are having trouble grasping that Rivian is still going through first production blues is beyond me ...

E-one

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt 2018 Model X
Occupation
Retired
July 2021.
I talked to a neighbour, he’s got a launch edition that they’re saying will be jul-September. And a max pack R1T 2nd half 2023, same as mine.

Contact rivian via their customer service chat or call/email. They’re pretty responsive. They should have a date range for you, but I can tell you right now it will be 2nd half of 2023. For what it’s worth I got the delivery window estimate email on December 28th.

Well I am pleased about the launch edition window dates, sounds reasonable. I did reach out to CS, they basically assured me that my order was in place and that a Guide would contact me sometime in 2023 and that order holders would be getting an email informing us of that new feature where we could view our delivery windows and new account features on our account page. This was mentioned earlier.
Thanks for the info. D.

Don In Winnipeg have a Adventure/max pack R1T order from Feb. 2020, have not got an email. When did you order yours?

E-one

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt 2018 Model X
Occupation
Retired
July 2021.

Well I am pleased about the launch edition window dates, sounds reasonable. I did reach out to CS, they basically assured me that my order was in place and that a Guide would contact me sometime in 2023 and that order holders would be getting an email informing us of that new feature where we could view our delivery windows and new account features on our account page. This was mentioned earlier.
Thanks for the info. D.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry to say it - Then you have an unrealistic expectation from a company that still too new in this field to comply with international demands.

It's unreasonable for anyone to expect a company still this new to cover international requests when they're struggling to comply with local ones. I'm not being a seagull, I'm being flat up honest and realistic. That others are having trouble grasping that Rivian is still going through first production blues is beyond me ...
Why are you so concerned about delivery dates in another country? the only differences between a US market rivian and a Canadian one are bilingual warning labels, speedometer/odo in metric, and the parking brake indicator is a pictogram instead of the word BRAKE.

everybody knows making a brand new thing is a slow process fraught with delays.
it‘s not some great shock.

Americans are very concerned about the affairs of Canadians lately, it’s been very strange.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info. D.
Hopefully Rivian will be doing some test drives locally. From what they’ve told me, they’re working on Canadian events for probably spring/summer, and they’re still saying every preorder should get a test drive before purchasing. I drove one in California in November at their first mile event there. Doesn’t drive like a 7000lb truck, but like a large sport sedan. Very impressive. Suspension is like a magic carpet. Looking forward to it on our “roads”. Especially if next winter is as bad as this one.

they’ve got a service centre in progress in Minneapolis, which is notable as the closest Canadian one seems like it will be Calgary.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Why are you so concerned about delivery dates in another country? the only differences between a US market rivian and a Canadian one are bilingual warning labels, speedometer/odo in metric, and the parking brake indicator is a pictogram instead of the word BRAKE.

everybody knows making a brand new thing is a slow process fraught with delays.
it‘s not some great shock.

Americans are very concerned about the affairs of Canadians lately, it’s been very strange.
I think you have this backwards. I am not the one concerned about delivery date to another country. I am bringing up a point that anyone that is disappointed about deliveries to another country while Rivian is struggling to meet local demand shouldn't be surprised regarding greater delays to said other country (despite it being a neighbor country). There is more than just a bi-lingual warning label and metric/standard conversion involved here. If you think there isn't, there are some things you need to realize and come to terms with. That the U.S. is more involved with Canadian affairs isn't anything new. That doesn't change Rivian's current scenario regarding still being too new to handle local demand, let alone international ones.

You state it's no great shock that brand new things is a slow process fraught with delays. I've been saying the same thing. Yet others here have unrealistic expectations believing that Canadian delivers will be handled at the same time at U.S. ones at this time. Hell, there are people clamoring for Rivian in Europe and other Eastern countries, without taking into consideration that the company is still dealing with the U.S.

Zool

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
@E.S. is going to be so upset when he sees his first Snowbird, Quebec plated Rivian and he doesn't yet have his.
:angry:

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
@E.S. is going to be so upset when he sees his first Snowbird, Quebec plated Rivian and he doesn't yet have his.
:angry:

No I won't because I'm not foolish enough to think I'll get my Rivian now, now, now. I can patiently wait for my Rivian. In fact, I'll probably wait till 2nd gen models roll around before I get mine. I don't need mine before Canada finally gets theirs. I don't have that need to beat the crowd to getting a new item first (but "thanks" for trying to put words in my mouth :rolleyes:).

How about we get back to understanding that Rivian has to deal with covering their local demands before addressing international ones till they ramp up production to meet the need of the increased demands instead of making this a "I got mine first" pissing contest, OK?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
How about we get back to understanding that Rivian has to deal with covering their local demands before addressing international ones till they ramp up production to meet the need of the increased demands instead of making this a "I got mine first" pissing contest, OK?
How about WE get back to discussing delivery delays for Canadians and you get back to doing something else? Maybe something in the Florida section?

Did you even read the posts in this thread? Did you even read the first post? Where did you see messages which showed a lack of understanding of how complex a vehicle launch is or questioned that the US market would indeed, of course, be prioritised if there are production difficulties? All I see here are disappointed customers… because they have repeatedly been given delivery timeframes which came and went. Same as everywhere else on this forum. No one forced Rivian to offer the vehicle in Canada at launch. They did so for business reasons – probably more than just sales. Canadian customers have every right to be as annoyed by the abysmal communications as American ones.

Jeez… It never ceases to amaze me that guys like you think they need to educate others on a forum which brings together people who can afford to pay 75K USD / 100K CAD for a car… Don’t you think most here have enough education and/or life experience that we don’t need unsolicited 'insight"?

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I was making a joke about you being testy. Over nothing. Thanks for backing me up.
No offense, but it didn't come off as a joke. Had I read it as one, my response would have been been way different and much more humorous. Pardon, but there are times and joke deliveries that do not 'translate' well via online venues. But you state it was made in humor, so you have my apologies for my response.

How about WE get back to discussing delivery delays for Canadians and you get back to doing something else? Maybe something in the Florida section?
You mean like how Florida has been practically ignored despite it being Rivian's inception state? Get back to me on that Canadian wait and preach to me that I don't know about delays or am not dealing with it as much as you Canadians are :rolleyes:

Did you even read the posts in this thread? Did you even read the first post? Where did you see messages which showed a lack of understanding of how complex a vehicle launch is or questioned that the US market would indeed, of course, be prioritised if there are production difficulties? All I see here are disappointed customers… because they have repeatedly been given delivery timeframes which came and went. Same as everywhere else on this forum. No one forced Rivian to offer the vehicle in Canada at launch. They did so for business reasons – probably more than just sales. Canadian customers have every right to be as annoyed by the abysmal communications as American ones.
Have you and the others? If you truly understand that Rivian is going through to meet the demand issues locally and thus internationally will be affected even more, Why are people still getting disappointed when they full well know what's going on? It's not like it's a surprise that they are backed up severely at this point. Sorry, but I'm not buying that story.

Jeez… It never ceases to amaze me that guys like you think they need to educate others on a forum which brings together people who can afford to pay 75K USD / 100K CAD for a car…
Are you serious or are you starting to lose your mind?

It amazes me that people knowing a company still too new and will be suffering from demand constraints STILL thinks that complaining about it will change a thing knowing that the company lacks time and experience to complete the task. If you did have that insight, you wouldn't be bringing this subject up on these boards, but instead you'd take it directly to Rivian (of which they do not even frequent these boards, and if they do, they make no mention of it). Here, you're just venting which doesn't improve anyone's wait times.

Don’t you think most here have enough education and/or life experience that we don’t need unsolicited 'insight"?
Do you? Look back at what you typed. Then take into FULL consideration Rivian's current situation and the "between a rock and hard place" position they are in at the moment and tell me you're displaying that insight? Don't get on my case all because I stated something you don't want to hear. And I do get it, NO one wants to hear it, but it doesn't change that's exactly what's going on. If anything, go directly to Rivian and state it right to them (via these boards you're not going to accomplish that).

Look, sorry you all have to wait. We ALL have to wait (including me), be us in the U.S or another country. I also understand that people are upset, but again, we knew what we were getting into regarding this company for being too new. I know that Rivian isn't perfect. They have issues they need to address before their first year in production mode comes up or they will be losing a lot of people. However, we have to grant them the time to gain that growth and experience.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Histrionics
I’ve never bothered to actually put someone on my ignore list here, until…now

Thanks for the FUD, buddy.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
irrelevant millennial-level statement
Histrionics? ? You have zero clue who I am, let alone my motives ...

... No. I'm not falling for this trap. You want to put me on ignore? Have at it. Best regards to you ?

Last edited:
OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y