Sponsored

Will Rivian meet R1S promised delivery dates?

OP
OP

JulianD

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Range Rover Sport, 2017 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
Occupation
Accountant
I was drooling over touareg for a while but my fear of German cars kept me away. One of my friends was a car dealer that started from European cars and ended up with mostly Toyota and Lexus. When I asked him if you had to own one car what would it be? He said anything Toyota/Lexus would work for him. I asked why? he said when you turn the key, you can count on the car to start. Not his experience with the German counterparts. Most Lexus owners I know, keep going back to it. I hope Rivian will pay as much attention to ownership experience.
I've had pretty good luck with Mercedes, we have owned a few of them over the years and they are decent. You can't beat Lexus quality though and the RX seems to be generally regarded as one of the most reliable SUVs out there.

I was really hesitant to buy the Range Rover Sport we own as I have heard and read about all the quality problems with Land Rover vehicles but so far it has been trouble free and I love the way it drives. Just a great driving luxury SUV. We are taking it up to Napa next month on our first long road trip but we've had it a year and a half now and are very happy with it so far.

Incidentally, we drove a Genesis GV80 on Sunday and were amazed at the level of luxury you get in that vehicle for the money but holy crap is the infotainment system in that car bad. I couldn't figure out how to do something as simple as change the radio station.
Sponsored

Reactions: Max

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Thatā€˜s exactly what I didā€¦
Does Polestar honor the same policy as Volvo on the 5 month policy? I know it's a "start-up" under their umbrella, but they're good with that?
I had huge plans to drive my ol' Lexus Hybrid RX400 into the ground, hoping that would be after my R1S delivery... Unfortunately, the ground hit a lot sooner and harder than planned.
I bought a new F-150 work truck for our companies to use and just drive that until I took delivery, but we no longer seem to need a truck as much as we have in the past lol.. and primarily I don't want to lose any money for the businesses and take advantage of the still absurd used car market before manufacturers catch up.
Anybody got any forecasting news on when the bottom will drop out on used cars? I can still sell it to Driveway and make 1k currently and it's 9 months old. I know it's a slippery slope..
Thanks!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
My consultant says:
Rivian R1T R1S Will Rivian meet R1S promised delivery dates?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They are already 2 months late? They have already missed their dates so yes because a March delivery is now slated for June. The problem is they didnt even let folks know officially lol. Just thru passive emails saying more information to follow end of May etc.

/thread

Still this, I guess wednesday according to the other thread.
Sponsored