Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
I was at the service center getting my tonneau cover removed. It broke. While waiting, someone walked in to test drive an R1S. He was told that he could sit in the truck but not drive it. So, I’m not sure that it meant for test drives.

Funny thing about that guy who walked in. He said he’d take the truck. The agent apologized and told him that he’d be waiting until late 2023/early 2024. The fellow’s jaw nearly hit the floor. I know that we exist in the Rivian Knowledge Bubble but I’m blown away at how unaware this guy was.

One more note, the agent helping me said that the tonneau cover solution was super close.
HAHAHAHAHA

“I’ll take the truck” love it. You can barely do that with main stream manufacturers now.
Sponsored

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

I had a mobile service appt today in So ME. Done in 2 min. Apparently mine is already torqued correctly. Joel, the tech, asked if i was at Chelsea recently. I said i was there Friday the recall email came out. I asked SC if they did mine while i was there but no one can confirm it was done. It's good that now it's confirmed.

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
As I am now one of the unlucky few on this thread who is still waiting on delivery (Jan '22 preorder), I need to finalize my config tomorrow to get a delivery window at the end of the month. I preordered blue, but am now waffling and feel the need to see all the colors in person again. Does anyone know if the lot at Chelsea is open on Saturdays? Planning to take a drive over tomorrow.

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

As I am now one of the unlucky few on this thread who is still waiting on delivery (Jan '22 preorder), I need to finalize my config tomorrow to get a delivery window at the end of the month. I preordered blue, but am now waffling and feel the need to see all the colors in person again. Does anyone know if the lot at Chelsea is open on Saturdays? Planning to take a drive over tomorrow.
You don’t need it to be open. The only color that won’t be present is Compass Yellow. There’s one on the Cape, I think, and one in Brookline (mine) but it’ll be with me in the woods for a few days.

Sponsored

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
You don’t need it to be open. The only color that won’t be present is Compass Yellow. There’s one on the Cape, I think, and one in Brookline (mine) but it’ll be with me in the woods for a few days.
Thanks. Wasn't sure if they gated the lot when the SC was closed. Doesn't sound like it.

I'm mostly wanting to see limestone and forest green again. Those are now in the running with LA silver a distant third.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Thanks. Wasn't sure if they gated the lot when the SC was closed. Doesn't sound like it.

I'm mostly wanting to see limestone and forest green again. Those are now in the running with LA silver a distant third.
I think they don’t even have gates anymore. I wish you luck in having all the colors you need to see. All three of those choices are great colors.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I got to ride in that R1S, but the service advisor was driving. It rides exactly like the truck, as expected. I also got to sit in the back before that. I’m 6’5” and fit back there comfortably, even with an adult sitting in the middle row. Getting in and out wasn’t fun, though

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I got to ride in that R1S, but the service advisor was driving. It rides exactly like the truck, as expected. I also got to sit in the back before that. I’m 6’5” and fit back there comfortably, even with an adult sitting in the middle row. Getting in and out wasn’t fun, though
Do you have a preorder on an S?

Sponsored

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Blue is the best of all of those! Definitely visit Chelsea a few times to see the various colors in person, but I am SO impressed with rivian blue and yet it seem so rare.

aww181

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, 64 Triumph Spitfire
My trips to the white mountains is the one thing that stops me from getting a large pack. NH's plan submitted for the federal charging station funds has them starting to install DC fast chargers in 2025. But I just found NH is just starting to roll out VW funds and have a list of proposals. They won't have funds for all of these but I really hope they get DC fast chargers at Hooksett (#2). I might switch to a large pack for earlier delivery.

https://www.des.nh.gov/sites/g/files/ehbemt341/files/documents/vw-rfp-2021-eligible-rankings.pdf

I want to know who has a friend in NH government to get the #1 ranked proposal and only one awarded so far in at a closed general store Errol NH? Just seems like an odd place. It doesn't even get the east-west traffic from Rt 2 more the Canadian travelers.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was driving my truck in these icy cold temperatures we've started getting and there was tons of clunking, grinding, cracking, rattling, etc. I was getting pretty stressed about the truck completely shitting the bed at the very first hint of winter.

When I got home I did a walkthrough of the truck to look for anything sketchy (door flashlight in hand of course!), when I found that I had forgotten a case of seltzer in the frunk from my last shopping trip and one side had opened up so there was a handful of cans rolling around :facepalm:

PHEW... crisis averted!

That said, efficiency numbers are straight plummeting and even a decent bit of driving isn't enough to warm up the batteries enough to dismiss the cold battery notice. Really hoping we see a battery preconditioning update before we get into the meat of winter.

jbowen52

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Durango and Porsche Panamera
Occupation
Aerospace Support Engineer
I saw one in Litchfield, CT, so they are in the area.