Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
as for efficiency, yeah, I'm barely able to get 2mi/kwh these days. It's usually hanging around the 1.6 mark or so. Big change from how August and September were for me
Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Same here and the cold is sucking juice from the battery but I was expecting that

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
I feel like they're getting more common in New England, I just saw 3 in two hours! All different colors too; a LG, a RB, and a matte El Cap.
Agree. I saw four in one day (3 in just my town) and all different colors. Also, my daugther reported that a teacher say a FG R1S drive out of her school parking lot just the other day. More people are becoming aware of Rivian for sure.

Dinah

First Name
Dinah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired electrical contractor
We got our R1T Adventure package Forest Green in Guilford, CT on Sept. 29, 2022. We've seen at least three other Rivians in our area. Our original order was placed in Jan. 2021. We passed on the max pack in order to get this large pack one. Didn't see the max pack coming down the pike anytime soon.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Locals:

I dropped my truck off in Chelsea this morning and got a T as a loaner that’s Forest Green with the new Ocean Coast interior. If anyone wants to take a look, I can be at the address below tonight Monday 12/5 from 6:30-7:30

5 Cherry St
Somerville, MA 02144
United States

Chelsea service was nice enough to get me the loaner ad I’ve been trying to see if the noises from my suspension are normal (similar in another T) and they appear to be the same.

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Locals:

I dropped my truck off in Chelsea this morning and got a T as a loaner that’s Forest Green with the new Ocean Coast interior. If anyone wants to take a look, I can be at the address below tonight Monday 12/5 from 6:30-7:30

5 Cherry St
Somerville, MA 02144
United States

Chelsea service was nice enough to get me the loaner ad I’ve been trying to see if the noises from my suspension are normal (similar in another T) and they appear to be the same.
Dang how did you score a proper loaner? They keep only offering me stupid rental cars.
I just keep asking. Every time I talk to anyone at RIVIAN I tell them that I haven’t driven another one and can’t tell if all of the suspension noises I’m hearing are typical or if there something getting ready to jump off the truck. They had one that hadn’t been charged up or cleaned but I told them I didn’t care as I live less than 10 miles from Chelsea (gotta remember to charge it this afternoon!) but they handed it over either way. All I can say is just keep asking and go in for something that may take a few days. They are replacing my battery but I don’t know why yet.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Does anyone have a feel for what coming through Chelsea by way of the R1S?

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I was driving on 93S today from Boston southward and I passed a trailer with R1T's and R1S's on it. I nearly got my camera out as I was in a bit of stop and go traffic at that moment.

dmbfan21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KIA Telluride
Occupation
Director
Clubs

Hello All, First post......long time lurker. Just got guide and 8 step yesterday (12/7). Reserved R1S Nov 2020, updated window was Feb-Mar 2023. Talked to my guide yesterday and he indicated they are pushing out lots of vehicles prior to end of year. Received VIN, but vehicle is still in Normal, to be shipped to Chelsea SC "soon".

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Hello All, First post......long time lurker. Just got guide and 8 step yesterday (12/7). Reserved R1S Nov 2020, updated window was Feb-Mar 2023. Talked to my guide yesterday and he indicated they are pushing out lots of vehicles prior to end of year. Received VIN, but vehicle is still in Normal, to be shipped to Chelsea SC "soon".
CONGRATS! How close are you to Chelsea? Is there anything that you think may have gotten you to receive your S at this point?

You are going to love your Rivian!

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
PS I still have a loaner with the ocean coast interior if anyone wants to see it in person.

dmbfan21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KIA Telluride
Occupation
Director
Clubs

CONGRATS! How close are you to Chelsea? Is there anything that you think may have gotten you to receive your S at this point?

You are going to love your Rivian!
Thanks!! I am about 30 miles north of Chelsea. I have pretty much never changed my configuration. My configuration has always been Launch Green, Bright 22's, no underbody shield, BM interior. Additional information: I did cancel order, and then reinstate after the pricing fiasco.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Thanks!! I am about 30 miles north of Chelsea. I have pretty much never changed my configuration. My configuration has always been Launch Green, Bright 22's, no underbody shield, BM interior. Additional information: I did cancel order, and then reinstate after the pricing fiasco.
I hope you were able to keep the old $ amount. I really think the S looks great in every color other than white. Enjoy it when I gets here and play to take twice as long to do anything where the public can see it!
Sponsored