Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
I'm curious if you are still planning to go to concord? The site doesn't list a Rivian in concord this Saturday but I do see one registered in Lowell. I'd love to see the truck first hand. Haven't see one up close since the show in Austin and that was an early prototype. Thanks!
I’m in Waltham most days mid week if you want to take a look. El cap, black int, adventure with racks. DM me if that would help you.
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Is anyone taking their truck to interesting places and what advice do you have regarding charging? I’m a bland and boring contractor with a 15 mile daily commute looking to live vicariously through the rest of you guys

;)
I'm towing with mine to Thompson Motorsports park this weekend....

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I'm towing with mine to Thompson Motorsports park this weekend....
I’d like to see pictures of the two together and see peoples reactions once you arrive! If you have a dash cam that would be great

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? Truck_Trailer

Been using it to tow to track days since I the first weekend I had it in June (when this photo was taken), so there isn't any surprises anymore.

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'm curious if you are still planning to go to concord? The site doesn't list a Rivian in concord this Saturday but I do see one registered in Lowell. I'd love to see the truck first hand. Haven't see one up close since the show in Austin and that was an early prototype. Thanks!
An EV show opened up in my hometown - Quincy on the same day so I canceled Concord and added Quincy.
I will also be at Hingham, MA on Sunday.
They are both NDEW events listed on NDEW's website
https://driveelectricweek.org/

Sponsored

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Anyone else showing up to the Bethel show in the morning? See you there!

Hindley_Milner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Truck_Trailer.png

Been using it to tow to track days since I the first weekend I had it in June (when this photo was taken), so there isn't any surprises anymore.
Met you at Palmer, I had the limestone R1T! Was pretty cool to see another one there and I heard yall had a blast that (4-day) weekend. Wish I had the stones to ride a bike on track.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Went to Chelsea to have the control arm recall addressed. It was super smooth. Also, there are a couple of R1Ses in the lot if you’re dying to see one.

5CA501E1-C5A2-4622-83F8-75871B48151E.jpeg

AB7E76A0-AC97-441E-AC24-0885D9891C1A.jpeg
That’s an interesting R1S, it has a manufacturer plate and isn’t a customer vehicle hmmm. I wonder if someone special / important was there?

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

That’s an interesting R1S, it has a manufacturer plate and isn’t a customer vehicle hmmm. I wonder if someone special / important was there?
This truck was labeled as “demo”. I photographed it for a friend. There’s another R1S around back with no plate nor “demo” tag. Surely New England will see an R1S or two soon. No?

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
This truck was labeled as “demo”. I photographed it for a friend. There’s another R1S around back with no plate nor “demo” tag. Surely New England will see an R1S or two soon. No?
There are a bunch already out there. I wonder if this is one of the “trucks” the service guys mentioned Rivian was bringing in to let people drive before buying and I assume R1T’s as loaners!

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Went to Chelsea to have the control arm recall addressed. It was super smooth. Also, there are a couple of R1Ses in the lot if you’re dying to see one.
Did you make an appt or just show up?

pat----

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

I had called customer service for something else. I got the impression that folks were just rolling up to the garage. Took five minutes to fix mine.

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

There are a bunch already out there. I wonder if this is one of the “trucks” the service guys mentioned Rivian was bringing in to let people drive before buying and I assume R1T’s as loaners!
I was at the service center getting my tonneau cover removed. It broke. While waiting, someone walked in to test drive an R1S. He was told that he could sit in the truck but not drive it. So, I’m not sure that it meant for test drives.

Funny thing about that guy who walked in. He said he’d take the truck. The agent apologized and told him that he’d be waiting until late 2023/early 2024. The fellow’s jaw nearly hit the floor. I know that we exist in the Rivian Knowledge Bubble but I’m blown away at how unaware this guy was.

One more note, the agent helping me said that the tonneau cover solution was super close.
Sponsored