Sponsored

Why such a "Simple Stick Man" front-end appearance?

Rivian1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I love the front end design. It definitely speaks Land Rover and Jeep. The stadium lights are a take from Jeep's 7 slot grille and the overall boxy face reminds me of the older Land Rover Discovery. Brilliant.

A Hawk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i8
I love the front end design. It definitely speaks Land Rover and Jeep. The stadium lights are a take from Jeep's 7 slot grille and the overall boxy face reminds me of the older Land Rover Discovery. Brilliant.
I never drew those comparisons before when looking at the front end design but now I can't "unsee" it and appreciate the front design even more.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
That'd actually be a totally unique and useful feature. Probably never been done before tho due to crash and safety standards.
It have never been done before because of the engine.
I wonder too on how it would fair in crash and safety tests. As for never been done before, probably true for a "production" vehicle but Atlis has designed their XT pickup to have a frunk gate.

Rivian R1T R1S Why such a "Simple Stick Man" front-end appearance? upload_2019-3-21_10-54-30

More pics of the frunk gate at https://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/xt-truck then scroll down.

Rivian1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I wonder too on how it would fair in crash and safety tests. As for never been done before, probably true for a "production" vehicle but Atlis has designed their XT pickup to have a frunk gate.

upload_2019-3-21_10-54-30.png

More pics of the frunk gate at https://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/xt-truck then scroll down.
Thank you for reminding me that it was Atlis that is incorporating the front gate feature. I could not remember which company did that, but I knew it wasn't Rivian.

A must-have feature, assuming it would pass all necessary testing.

Sponsored

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
A void is safer than a filled space. And car bodies lend hardly any protection to the occupants in a crash.

sdTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron, Tacoma 2004
i wouldnt trust the atlis guys to have done due diligence on whether or not that front tail gate would pass crash testing. they are vaporware

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
The two stadium headlights are the design aspect I like the least by a big margin. I keep telling myself I will get used to them but I still haven't warmed up to them. Guess I will have to always approach the truck from the rear.

Rivian1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
The two stadium headlights are the design aspect I like the least by a big margin. I keep telling myself I will get used to them but I still haven't warmed up to them. Guess I will have to always approach the truck from the rear.
As fast as this truck will be, the rear view of the truck might be the only view anyone gets! :handsinair: :CWL:

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Agreed. I thought the same thing when seeing a Land Rover while driving to work the other day.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

The designs we're seeing are still concept form though and front bumpers are usually the most likely part of concept vehicles to change for production - due to crash and pedestrian safety standards. So the front R1T and R1S front fascia may change yet...
Not a chance that the front end is changing. Watch the YT video with Sean and his factory tour he posted yesterday. There are going to be some VERY minor tweaks but nothing so noticeable that is ruins what they have been showcasing for the last 10 months.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I actually like it. It's clean, masculine and has a futuristic look to it. It's also distinctly recognizable. I can see how the design might be polarizing though.
Agreed 100%. That front end is like nothing anyone has ever seen. Dare to be different.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The designs we're seeing are still concept form though and front bumpers are usually the most likely part of concept vehicles to change for production - due to crash and pedestrian safety standards. So the front R1T and R1S front fascia may change yet...
There is nothing concept about this truck. They wouldn't be taking peoples money in order to get in line for a concept. This is the real deal. There will be some very minor aero tweaks but nothing so noticeable to change what they have been showcasing for the last 10 months...If they did that they would ruin their base customers who bought into the company because of what they brought to the market.
Sponsored