Not open for further replies.

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
Sorry, I didn’t insert a quoted post before posting.

I hope OP didn’t ignore COdogman and answers her question. I’d like to know too.
Sponsored

Oneup008

First Name
Cc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
My advice, as it was asked: based on my experience starting from when we put in our pre-order in November 2020 and joining this forum a few months later, if you aren't happy now, you probably won't be in 6 months.

I'm honestly surprised at posts/threads like yours as I've genuinely had zero serious issues with my R1S... let me think about that again and make sure I'm not giving in to the fanboy inside... naw, I really haven't. I honestly put in one ticket for a couple panel gaps and they fixed them two weeks later. PAAK has worked flawlessly/fast enough to where I've never been "left standing like an idiot" as someone else mentioned. Navigation has been a highlight for me (not having a nanny lock out typing a destination search while moving has been appreciated and ever since I learned I can send a destination from Google maps on the phone... 🍆). I also love [rant about things I love which you probably aren't here for].

I think, given the frustration you describe and the issues you have... it might improve, but again, I don't think you're going to magically be in a different position in 6 months. In situations like that, the time to move is always now; waiting six months with the company and the economy as volatile as it is now is just not a worthy risk, IMO. I would, again, if I was in your shoes, consider one or more of the following: 1) sell it, 2) contact Rivian and ask them to take it back as you'll be forced to pursue action under Georgia's Lemon Law, and 3) start the Georgia Lemon Law Process (documenting EVERYTHING).

I had an Italian sport bike that would spontaneously and randomly shut down at highway (+) speeds. I spent a summer with it in and out of the shop. I wrote the company a nice certified letter (the regional rep that reached out said it was the nicest under my conditions he ever read; I did send it to several execs in the "chain" and made sure to put "CC" lines at the bottom) explaining how it met the criteria of the Virginia lemon law and what action I was asking the company to take (take the bike back and give me my money back, minus an honest amount for the use I did get), and it was resolved within a week. Much easier path for them...

Did the CEO read my letter? Probably not, but the regional rep and his boss probably knew that my ability to write a professional letter (thanks, Google!), find and properly cite the law, and to take a reasonable stance just might have influenced their actions more than if I had gone onto a forum complaining about the inability of the Italians to make... anything more complicated than olive oil.

Sorry for the long post, one beer gets me to respond, but isn't enough to send me into troll mode.

I may return later in the evening...
Ducati or Guzzi lol!

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
Are you referring to me? If so there are so many things wrong with your assessment.
Yes, sorry, I know it sounds harsh, but I literally laugh out loud when there is a thread criticizing Rivian because I know you (and a couple of others) will be around shortly. Are you a Rivian employee?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
“But, bruh, it’s cool to complain”
No, “dumb,” to not complain with the word “dumb” in the title.🤣

More seriously, the truck has issues, try a Tesla MS or MX - even more (I can say from having all). Okay to express concerns to bag the product, but no need to “dumb” clickbait titles. This isn’t elementary school, or is it?!

jasonphoto01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 1976 Ford Bronco, 2018 RR Sport
Occupation
Medical Field
Hilarious. Having lived in both places I can state irrevocably that Georgia is the absolute pit (and not peach) compared to Oregon.

I love my R1T and no vehicle is perfect. I think you just like to bitch.
What's your favorite part about Oregon? Is it that it's ranked 49th in the US for mental health issues? https://mhanational.org/issues/2022/ranking-states#prevalence_mi
or that it's the worse state for drug problems? https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/oregon-ranks-worst-in-the-country-for-drug-problems-report/
or that it has the highest homeless population per capita? https://www.security.org/resources/homeless-statistics/2019/
Or is it that even the biggest supporters of Portland realize it's in crisis? https://www.opb.org/article/2022/05/13/portland-oregon-crime-homelessness-gloom-election-politics/

It's a beautiful state and used to be one of my favorites, but over the last 5+ years, it's gone downhill quickly! Thankfully Bend is still amazing, but Portland and Eugene have gotten worse on almost every front. The irony that you're making fun of Georgia is the point.

Sponsored

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
Not sure if my truck was built on a Wednesday, but guess I am lucky(er)

I have noticed my wife’s phone as key works better than mine. Identical iPhone, by my otter box seems to be the issue over her case, I live with it.

Who really likes a MFG NAV system?Raise your hand if you do? No one? We all like Apple or Google maps, AA or CP shuts people up cuz we are content. Reading article that GM is doing away with both for better data collection and 20-30 Billion in connected services revenue, no GM will ever sit in my garage.

Parking sensors for me are great until CO wet snow, then mine says F-it, I’m out. Don’t think your issues are that bad but frustrating to say the least.

I have a Ram waiting over 2 months for a transmission that started dying at 50k. Get emails each week saying No ETA every week. Rivian calls me back, schedules service and actually fixes it (Denver at least)

I believe things like this irritate us more due to wait for the vehicle, we just want to enjoy the thing and stop waiting for a repair, software update, max pack, etc. Bring a box of good donuts to service and ask for some help, you just need to get past the quirks and accept factory NAV will always suck

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
So the issue isn't really carplay / AA, It's wanting Rivian to approach Tesla's phone integration and software quality.
Which, along with navigation, is beyond overdue.

Oneup008

First Name
Cc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
As a deposit loaner I sure hope Rivian can get it's stuff together before the max pack comes out. I am one who doesn't have the amount of patience a lot of people have here. And yes I have a Ducati who has a personality like a bitchy mistress, also a Kawasaki that never has a complaint. Fact is, this vehicle cannot match a new Lexus or BMW in quality and reliability at the same price point. I know apples and oranges. So you have to decide what you are willing to put up with and following these forums with people who are not afraid to mention the warts is a good way to figure it out.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Not sure if my truck was built on a Wednesday, but guess I am lucky(er)

I have noticed my wife’s phone as key works better than mine. Identical iPhone, by my otter box seems to be the issue over her case, I live with it.

Who really likes a MFG NAV system?Raise your hand if you do? No one? We all like Apple or Google maps, AA or CP shuts people up cuz we are content. Reading article that GM is doing away with both for better data collection and 20-30 Billion in connected services revenue, no GM will ever sit in my garage.

Parking sensors for me are great until CO wet snow, then mine says F-it, I’m out. Don’t think your issues are that bad but frustrating to say the least.

I have a Ram waiting over 2 months for a transmission that started dying at 50k. Get emails each week saying No ETA every week. Rivian calls me back, schedules service and actually fixes it (Denver at least)

I believe things like this irritate us more due to wait for the vehicle, we just want to enjoy the thing and stop waiting for a repair, software update, max pack, etc. Bring a box of good donuts to service and ask for some help, you just need to get past the quirks and accept factory NAV will always suck
You ever try spraying WD-40 in those parking sensors?

Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Ducati or Guzzi lol!
I wanted a Duc', but apparently no one in Italy is over 6' tall as they all just didn't fit me right! Actually, I had to sign an NDA as part of the deal, so, having googled to make sure there are more than three Italian motorcycle manufacturers, I can say "neither".

Seriously, though, I wish @Bigz3393 luck. Rivian doesn't want upset customers on forums or on the streets, so perhaps an honest, clear, well-presented communication citing the lemon law will drive action one way or another. That was heartfelt (is that the right word? maybe just "serious"?) advice on my part.

In a more tongue-in-cheek response: is there interest in a 1-for-1 trade for my Hyundai Ioniq 5? 'Cause I find myself on the "vizualize an R1T" page wishing I could have an R1T to complement my (wife's) R1S, but there's no way in hell my credit rating or marriage would survive getting one at post 3/1 pricing while the 'S is in the garage...

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
As a deposit loaner I sure hope Rivian can get it's stuff together before the max pack comes out. I am one who doesn't have the amount of patience a lot of people have here. And yes I have a Ducati who has a personality like a bitchy mistress, also a Kawasaki that never has a complaint. Fact is, this vehicle cannot match a new Lexus or BMW in quality and reliability at the same price point. I know apples and oranges. So you have to decide what you are willing to put up with and following these forums with people who are not afraid to mention the warts is a good way to figure it out.
In my case it's not patience. I've had problems with so many different vehicles by this point that I just accept they all suck. It's a crap shoot to find something that works all of the time and almost every service center for every manufacturer is overbooked and parts are always backordered. Welcome to the world of lean manufacturing and Just In Time delivery which in actually is more like a day late and a dollar short timing but everyone just deals with it.

I still remember when parts used to be in stock for big manufacturers and they had enough techs to actually handle broken vehicles. Now they don't want to pay techs and they don't ever have any parts anyways. It was this way before covid even so I don't blame that. So I would say instead of patience I have acceptance. I accept that no matter what I buy there is a good chance something about it is going to be a pain in my ass. So I might as well buy a cool car that I really like which in between the headaches is fun to drive.

My Rivian hasn't been trouble free but honestly my dealings with service have been better than most.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I hope not, it’s a valid question and should be answered.

Having said that I am convinced she works for Rivian. Anytime anyone remotely criticizes the company she is immediately in the thread.
Is she in the room with you now?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yes, sorry, I know it sounds harsh, but I literally laugh out loud when there is a thread criticizing Rivian because I know you (and a couple of others) will be around shortly. Are you a Rivian employee?
No, definitely not. I suppose you missed the many threads where I agreed with and offered criticisms of my own?

I think what you are seeing is my natural response to whiny karens. There is a way to share concerns and criticisms like an adult. Then there are those like OP, who prefer complaining to getting answers or advice. Who conveniently forget they signed the same purchase agreement the rest of us did. Who hold Rivian to a different standard than any other vehicle manufacturer. You see me respond one way to the adults and this way to the Karens.

I have shared what I do for a living in many threads - I own a business and deal with serial complainers like OP on a regular basis. They don’t want solutions. They want refunds and attention.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Who really likes a MFG NAV system?Raise your hand if you do? No one? We all like Apple or Google maps, AA or CP shuts people up cuz we are content.
It's not either/or. Tesla uses google maps with driving directions from Mapbox. Sending a destination from google maps on iphone/android to the car is easy. The advantage of not using car play/AA is seamless integration between all car functions.

This is where rivian is going. The question is how long.

Probably every senior person at Rivian has owned a Tesla and is unexcited about adding carplay /AA. It's a relatively inelegant solution compared to what is realistically possible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.