Which accessories are you configuring?

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Let's feel free to keep that FTC bill crap out of this thread. How about we enjoy the Christmas present we have been given and show off our current builds.

Some accessories that I am waiting on to eventually show up in the Configurator:
Dometic Frunk Fridge
Winch x bumper(more out of curiosity)
V2H charger
180 or 270° Awning
MaxTrax
I'm thinking the other half of the tunnel could hold a nice custom fridge/freezer unit.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
While I wish that were the case, I believe the Camp Kitchen goes from one end to the other almost.
Jimmy is right (again) ... per customer service chat just now: "the camp kitchen is designed to fit perfectly into the Gear Tunnel and won't leave additional space. "

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
With the price reduction for the off-road package, I am now considering adding the camp kitchen. I don't think I'll use it all that often and I'm afraid it will sit in the garage 98% of the time (so as to not take up the entire gear tunnel), but it's just such a unique feature that I keep coming back to it. Anyways - that's my issue to work through.

My question, and maybe this has been covered, but how do we get power into the camp kitchen? It will need to draw something to operate the stovetop, and I don't recall seeing anything.
This will be my life for the next 9-12 months as I wait for my R1T Max pack. At first, I thought the Camp Kitchen was too expensive, especially since the snow peak set wasn't included. Now that they have included the snow peak set, the gear shuttle looks cool and would be useful. So then I started looking at just adding the gear shuttle, and now I just clicked on the Camp Kitchen. This is where I'm really looking forward to test drives and seeing these Rivian's in person.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22” Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
I have a R1S configured for my wife. I can not imagine it will ever see any serious off road use so am likely to select the following accessories: $450 compact spare (which I assume resides under cargo floor), $500 wall charger, $175 all weather floor mats and $60 air compressor accessories.

Really the only option that I can't see easily obtaining / adding on at a later date is the now separate $2000 adventure package but I'm not sure I can justify the $2k extra for the upgraded underbody and front tow hooks for my wife's on-road use scenario.
I don’t recall seeing a $450 compact spare option. I’ll check it out again. I know there was an option for a $600 full size spare tire.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t recall seeing a $450 compact spare option. I’ll check it out again. I know there was an option for a $600 full size spare tire.
Compact spare is only for R1S. R1T has the $600 (21") or $800 (20" & 22") full size spare options.

Reactions: Don

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Compact spare is only for R1S. R1T has the $600 (21") or $800 (20" & 22") full size spare options.
Oh ok, Thank you for that info. I’m still trying to learn what’s what on the Rivian.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I really want a tent but Id probably never use it LOL.
I’m like you. I want things I’ll probably never use. It’s a syndrome where “What if I need it one day“? This pertains to other accessories also like the stove or the tent or the off road package. My offroading consist of going off the road unintentionally when I hit a patch of slush or snow on the highway and I spin out wildly ending up in the ditch. Does that qualify for the off road package? My wife wants to know. ?

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
1622141325396.png

It looks like it will be amperage adjustable since the NEC does not allow EVSEs to be plugged in with 60A outlets/service.
But, the NEC also prohibits user adjustable amperage EVSEs from utilizing a plug - they must be hardwired.
Of course, keeping in mind it’s not a charger, it’s a connection cord. The charger is in the vehicle.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It's a bummer that there's still no detail on the winch - an odd omission since they now sell a recovery kit. They've emphasized "winch ready" a few times but it's odd that the winch-equipped front bumper and the rear bumper we've seen in trials with recovery hooks are both still somewhat of a mystery.
I don’t know much about the winch offering but can you imagine how much drain there would be on the system? Winches need a lot of juice. Unless you get a gas powered one. ?. How was the winch supposed to be mounted? Hook into the receiver hitch? A receiver hitch front and back could be used as mount.
Sponsored