Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I have a R1S configured for my wife. I can not imagine it will ever see any serious off road use so am likely to select the following accessories: $450 compact spare (which I assume resides under cargo floor), $500 wall charger, $175 all weather floor mats and $60 air compressor accessories.

Really the only option that I can't see easily obtaining / adding on at a later date is the now separate $2000 adventure package but I'm not sure I can justify the $2k extra for the upgraded underbody and front tow hooks for my wife's on-road use scenario.
Advertisement

Rivian-WI

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
WHAAAAAT! Where was the announcement from Rivian that the Configurator was updated with accessories???

OP
OP

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
WHAAAAAT! Where was the announcement from Rivian that the Configurator was updated with accessories???
They will likely send email announcement later today. Pattern has been site updates first then email notification.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Honda S2000, Tesla Model Y
6:29 am EST I received my email from Rivian. Updated configurator and more specific information. Finally an update! Thank you Rivian!

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
Oh damn. I just added the Wall Charger, Full Size spare, and all weather mats for now but may add more once I think about it more.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Oh damn. I just added the Wall Charger, Full Size spare, and all weather mats for now but may add more once I think about it more.
Yeah my config price didn't change much after adding the options since they dropped the price for the R1T wheels on the R1S :D

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
R1T here. All weather floor mats and that’s it. Maybe the gear shuttle - I need to see it first. Anything else I want can be had for 1/2 the price aftermarket.

hensot01

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
VP
Med Kit, Floor Mats, Air Hose, maybe spare tire.

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
1AA6EBC1-5D28-4CA8-86EA-6869FAC45FFF.png

This is what I am purchasing for the compressor. I have to admit that the Hromee kit does not sound as cool as the Rivian kit but it’s half the price!

for $30 more might as well go Rivian as using aftermarket things might affect warranty if it ever breaks.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
for $30 more might as well go Rivian as using aftermarket things might affect warranty if it ever breaks.
There is ZERO warranty concern.

However, I agree that if $30 is going to break the bank then you're buying the wrong vehicle.

There's reason enough to justify the Rivian price just for the probably differences in quality and the fact that the Rivian kit will FIT perfectly in the gear tunnel door.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Lotus Elise, Fusion Energi platinum
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Well I just added $8000 to my total.

How cool is that field kit though.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Here is mine. I think they said the wall charger will come with free instalation, and the floor mats are much cheaper than Audis.
Wife subaru cross bars were 350, so not a bad price there too, however that recovery kit seemed overpriced.

SmartSelect_20210527-085844_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement