First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Occupation
Director
So I placed a hold/ordered and sent in a deposit, however, I have yet to order a vehicle. How long does it take to get the process started? TIA
Sponsored

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Welcome to the club...

When did you place your order?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You JUST placed an order, like as in the past couple days? I would figure on it taking around a year, maybe a little sooner as they ramp production. If you placed today it would be reasonable to expect it by winter 2023.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
So I placed a hold/ordered and sent in a deposit, however, I have yet to order a vehicle. How long does it take to get the process started? TIA
Generally 6-18 months from date of order depending on spec/ what is being produced/ etc.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
You JUST placed an order, like as in the past couple days? I would figure on it taking around a year, maybe a little sooner as they ramp production. If you placed today it would be reasonable to expect it by winter 2023.
No way, you're nutz. Company has said they have a 100,000 vehicle cue and are building under 25k per year.... Math don't add up.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
No way, you're nutz. Company has said they have a 100,000 vehicle cue and are building under 25k per year.... Math don't add up.
They are doing under 25K THIS year but are ramping up. They have capacity at their current factory for up to 150K a year. I don't know that they will get there next year but whatever the number it's going to be more than 25K. A year from now is most likely optimistic but I think it's in the ballpark.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
They are doing under 25K THIS year but are ramping up. They have capacity at their current factory for up to 150K a year. I don't know that they will get there next year but whatever the number it's going to be more than 25K. A year from now is most likely optimistic but I think it's in the ballpark.
That's funny, they over hired, then fired and don't have a second shift. But they're going to go from under 25k to 150k in what has been reported as a "constrained supply chain environment"... Oh my.

Facts and history don't point to that but you keep pumping.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
That's funny, they over hired, then fired and don't have a second shift. But they're going to go from under 25k to 150k in what has been reported as a "constrained supply chain environment"... Oh my.

Facts and history don't point to that but you keep pumping.
Are you confused as to what a ramp up plan looks like or? Rivian is going to do more next year than this one, judging by how much more they've moved up every quarter it's pretty obvious that they are ramping up production. Supply chain issues are slowly easing and Rivian's stated goal is 150K a year. As to whether or not they will reach that goal next year, or to what the specific number is going to be, my crystal ball works as well as yours does.

With that said the attitude is unnecessary, perhaps calm down and take a couple Midol before further posting.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
“Shares of Rivian Automotive Inc. rose in late trading after the automaker reported an increase in production and reaffirmed its goal to build 25,000 electric vehicles this year.

The company produced 7,363 vehicles in the third quarter and delivered 6,584 to customers, according to a statement Monday. That’s up from 4,401 vehicles built in the prior quarter and 4,467 handed over to buyers.”

I would be pleasantly surprised if they produce more than 65k-75k in 2023, with a 4q23 run-rate at 25k a quarter.

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Are you confused as to what a ramp up plan looks like or? Rivian is going to do more next year than this one, judging by how much more they've moved up every quarter it's pretty obvious that they are ramping up production. Supply chain issues are slowly easing and Rivian's stated goal is 150K a year. As to whether or not they will reach that goal next year, or to what the specific number is going to be, my crystal ball works as well as yours does.

With that said the attitude is unnecessary, perhaps calm down and take a couple Midol before further posting.
Ahh lack of intellect and go right to subtle attempt at insult...fail on all accounts.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Ahh lack of intellect and go right to subtle attempt at insult...fail on all accounts.
Did I really though? See by you calling me stupid you've just affirmed that I was correct to call out your unnecessarily rude attitude to begin with. No one needs the attitude from you on here. This is a forum for a special interest and not a single member comes here to read your little tantrums.

If you can't disagree with others without being a little asshole about it I think your time would be better spent on a self help forum instead of making snide little comments to people that couldn't care less about your opinion.

OP
OP

Mike1li

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Occupation
Director
Generally 6-18 months from date of order depending on spec/ what is being produced/ etc.
Thank you, sir, Its been 5 months and I still haven't selected options. Just seems like a long time

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Thank you, sir, Its been 5 months and I still haven't selected options. Just seems like a long time
The early adopters waited 3 years and are just getting their trucks. I'm lucky and was early enough and close enough to a service center to get 12-13 month estimate from date of order. I would guess the average wait right now is somewhere in the 14-18 month frame. This of course will decrease as production ramps, so it's anybody's guess. We are supposed to receive updated ETA's by the end of october.
Sponsored