Sponsored

When will more options become live?

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
You guys aren't taking this very seriously are you

:cool:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
More like incredulous that less than 3 months from the scheduled delivery commencement for the R1T and not only has no detailed specs or information been provided but that there is not even an estimated date for it to be provided.

Read virtually any thread in this forum and you will understand the responses.

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
More like incredulous that less than 3 months from the scheduled delivery commencement for the R1T and not only has no detailed specs or information been provided but that there is not even an estimated date for it to be provided.

Read virtually any thread in this forum and you will understand the responses.
I hear you. Throwing a $1000 deposit to a new comer, albeit refundable, is a commitment that I have to justify to my Mrs on a regular basis. It’s very frustrating with regards to the lack of information and Rivian need to step up on that front as the more traditional manufacturers start releasing products to compete with the T and the S.

My comment above was in jest but maybe the wrong emoji?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

This is how "serious" I'm taking it... test drove a 2021 F-150 Hybrid yesterday and ordered one. Told the internet dept mgr about my Rivian reservation and got assurances that my $500 deposit is fully refundable. Estimate 3-months for build and ship, so ironically lines up well with June d-day.

I know the two trucks are apples and oranges. F-150 felt very refined on the road and the near 600 ft-lbs or instant torque was spunky to say the least. And the fact that equal money, minus the $7,500 tax rebate, gets a well-spec'd King Ranch or "base" Platinum with the Powerboost setup.

Not at all trying, nor do I wish to start any chatter about the demerits of the Ford here. Only sharing my example of how reality adjusts to the absence of information from Rivian.

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Actually, most of us take the lack of any specific information very seriously. When you can't change something that's frustrating the shit out of you, the fall back is to make light of the situation.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My comment above was in jest but maybe the wrong emoji?
A bit off-topic, but I am of the opinion that emojis should almost never be used -- sparingly, if ever.

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
?

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I give Rivian some slack. They are a start-up, delivering product number 1 from ideation to mass production. I don't think that is appropriate for most automotive buyers outside folks a bit on the fringe. If its a close tie between a first gen completely novel EV or a mature automotive product/platform, the obvious choice is not to get the Rivian.

This is how "serious" I'm taking it... test drove a 2021 F-150 Hybrid yesterday and ordered one. Told the internet dept mgr about my Rivian reservation and got assurances that my $500 deposit is fully refundable. Estimate 3-months for build and ship, so ironically lines up well with June d-day.

I know the two trucks are apples and oranges. F-150 felt very refined on the road and the near 600 ft-lbs or instant torque was spunky to say the least. And the fact that equal money, minus the $7,500 tax rebate, gets a well-spec'd King Ranch or "base" Platinum with the Powerboost setup.

Not at all trying, nor do I wish to start any chatter about the demerits of the Ford here. Only sharing my example of how reality adjusts to the absence of information from Rivian.
Sponsored