Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Hmmmm I disagree. I was using the vehicle in a way they don't recommend, i.e. 30mph circling a small round about in lowest height and soft ride with 5 people... #CertifiedRiviot
Having talked to people involved in the chassis dynamics of the R1T I’d wager the part of that they wouldn’t recommend is leaving stability control on.
you were sideways the whole way around the roundabout, right?
??

I’d also be shocked if rivian wasn’t very interested to know about these fasteners missing - if it was my brand new debut product I’d want to fix whatever is causing hardware to fall off or get missed in assembly real quick.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Is your passenger side missing a bolt? Bottom right corner of the pic
It's up in there, don't think the angle of the picture helps it

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Having talked to people involved in the chassis dynamics of the R1T I’d wager the part of that they wouldn’t recommend is leaving stability control on.
you were sideways the whole way around the roundabout, right?
??

I’d also be shocked if rivian wasn’t very interested to know about these fasteners missing - if it was my brand new debut product I’d want to fix whatever is causing hardware to fall off or get missed in assembly real quick.
I think what's missing are people who care assembling these things...maybe I'm just bitter.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I think what's missing are people who care assembling these things...maybe I'm just bitter.
speaking from experience…If nobody says anything, nothing will happen.

also speaking from experience, a root cause analysis will find it’s the other shift’s fault ?

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Update on this: tech came out and tried popping the new rivets in (definitely beefier than what you can get on Amazon) and they wouldn't hold. He tried loosening the wheel well and giving wiggle room, it went in, but popped right out...

They want to replace the entire wheel well. I don't want to give it up for that long and don't really think it's worth all that trouble, it's secured well with the bolts elsewhere. I'm a little confused why they have plastic rivets at all and didn't have it bolt on in this spot too.

What's the hive-mind say? Give it up for a day for them to put on a lift and replace the wheel well? Or just cancel the ticket and shrug it off?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Update on this: tech came out and tried popping the new rivets in (definitely beefier than what you can get on Amazon) and they wouldn't hold. He tried loosening the wheel well and giving wiggle room, it went in, but popped right out...

They want to replace the entire wheel well. I don't want to give it up for that long and don't really think it's worth all that trouble, it's secured well with the bolts elsewhere. I'm a little confused why they have plastic rivets at all and didn't have it bolt on in this spot too.

What's the hive-mind say? Give it up for a day for them to put on a lift and replace the wheel well? Or just cancel the ticket and shrug it off?
Get it fixed while you have Rivian's attention. I believe you originally thought the rubbing was the cause of the problem but, based on this update, it sounds like the rubbing may merely be a side effect.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Get it fixed while you have Rivian's attention. I believe you originally thought the rubbing was the cause of the problem but, based on this update, it sounds like the rubbing may merely be a side effect.
Turns out the rubbing was on the other side which still had rivets and came from lowest setting in soft... While fish tailing.

But you're right, I should let them do whatever to fix it. I'll also add the wind noise I'm getting from driver side... While I have their attention.
Sponsored