Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

With these new CDC guidelines, I'll just pick it up there, thank you.
No more excuses Rivian. Let us see these things in person. Take the first 1-2 dozen off the production line and spread them out for customers to see.

I sure hope their “production” model has been finalized. I know manufacturing and making changes this late in the game speaks more about corporate culture than anything. Workers (and suppliers) don’t like change, so if Rivian thinks changes can be make overnight, they will fail.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
No more excuses Rivian. Let us see these things in person. Take the first 1-2 dozen off the production line and spread them out for customers to see
Agreed, and I believe they're working on this. I have a hunch that there will be a delay, at least as it relates to volume production, and the test drive program could be the means by which they try to keep people committed.

I fully expect a riveting (Riviot-ing?) vehicle with excellent quality, so seeing and experiencing could keep most of us on the hook...

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I am only surprised they haven't already announced a delay.
They could probably start delivering very low volume by June 30th. Technically 1 R1T to a customer and they have met their word/goal (but kinda sucks).

Probably will end up with maybe 100 delivered or so with very limited batch; eg all one color/config and 1-3 locations IMHO.

Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
They could probably start delivering very low volume by June 30th. Technically 1 R1T to a customer and they have met their word/goal (but kinda sucks).

Probably will end up with maybe 100 delivered or so with very limited batch; eg all one color/config and 1-3 locations IMHO.
That’s assuming they have finalized the color (Launch green). I’m not sure they can come to a consensus on that at this point. The lack of information is not only infuriating its troubling.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That’s assuming they have finalized the color (Launch green). I’m not sure they can come to a consensus on that at this point. The lack of information is not only infuriating its troubling.
The primer is greenish. May as well just put a clear coat over the primer and call it a day. JUST START DELIVERING THE VEHICLES.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Another week of no updates... Unless you count body sides?!?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

You were referring to Rivian news here, but as a teacher, the news that we will be back to school fully next year is such a relief. This year was a nightmare.
And now back to our regularly scheduled fawning.
Matt, A neighbor of mine is an elementary teacher and he's hated this isolated method from day one, especially because of the terrible effects it's had on his kids. I'm sure the kids' parents feel the same way.

I can't wait until we put this pandemic behind us and get back to fighting each other senselessly over more mundane issues, like "Why in the Hell did you buy a CyberTruck!" ?

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Matt, A neighbor of mine is an elementary teacher and he's hated this isolated method from day one, especially because of the terrible effects it's had on his kids. I'm sure the kids' parents feel the same way.

I can't wait until we put this pandemic behind us and get back to fighting each other senselessly over more mundane issues, like "Why in the Hell did you buy a CyberTruck!" ?
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... i9395v1dojy61

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Via Twitter and their Head of Communications director, TLDR they are playing it safe.

1621125657353.png
This just in from Rivian's Communications Department. Please turn up the sound, although I'm not sure it'll help any....

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

I don't know if a "like" was appropriate, but I totally agree.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This just in from Rivian's Communications Department. Please turn up the sound, although I'm not sure it'll help any....

I prefer the Disturbed version. Sounds great played loud.
Sponsored