Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I told you somebody in Rivian marketing/I.T. group is getting an RJ butt-chewing! :CWL:
Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
That was what I was told. Maybe the plans changed or the different sections under the new Experience page were the "few items". Either way I was very disappointed and will not be getting my hopes up for another Thursday update.

I vote we start calling these weekly updates and info releases "Thursday Update of Rivian Details"

AKA... TURDs

So what do you guys think will be covered in next week's TURD?
Here we are sifting through TURDS for any morsel of value... haha

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

The next TURD smells like accessories to me now that the aroma has already been revealed

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That was what I was told. Maybe the plans changed or the different sections under the new Experience page were the "few items". Either way I was very disappointed and will not be getting my hopes up for another Thursday update.

I vote we start calling these weekly updates and info releases "Thursday Update of Rivian Details"

AKA... TURDs

So what do you guys think will be covered in next week's TURD?
RforRivian,

Maybe they'll finally make an official release of the accessory collection revealed here. I thought it was coming last week. I'm very impressed by bowhunter's discovery! To keep with your theme, they could call it the "Complete Rivian Accessory Portfolio", or CRAP.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
RforRivian,

Maybe they'll finally make an official release of the accessory collection revealed here. I thought it was coming last week. I'm very impressed by bowhunter's discovery! To keep with your theme, they could call it the "Complete Rivian Accessory Portfolio", or CRAP.
Or it could be more details on Driver+, renamed to Safe Highway Intelligent Travel system. ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This is great! I feel like I'm back in High School. "TURDS", "CRAP", and "SHIT", all in one discussion about what we'll learn on Thursday. This is a modern day version of The Fountain Of Youth!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

PSA decently big site changes have taken place in the last 12 hours. Never check my notifications lol. Nothing ground breaking, just better organization and a few more pieces of information.

R1S

Drive through 3 feet of water. Rock crawl at a 100% grade. Traverse just about any terrain with 14 inches of ground clearance. With a 0-60 mph time in as quick as 3 seconds depending on your tire selection, it also delivers the on-road handling of a sports car.Âą
  • Exclusively for Rivian owners
  • Automatic charging, just pull up and plug in
  • In-vehicle navigation automatically plans charging
  • Charging rates of over 200 kW initially and 300 kW+ in the future
Take in the beauty of the world day and night with our all-glass panoramic roof. An open-air removable roof option will be offered in mid-2022.
The Rivian Elevation audio system by Meridian positions speakers at precise locations throughout the cabin – including four titanium dome speakers overhead – for a fully immersive experience. Use the removable Bluetooth speaker to bring your favorite music with you. Sound feels three-dimensional through the use of cabin correction technologies and acute frequency control.
Our second-row seats fold 60/40 with the third-row splitting 50/50, so you can mix and match passenger seating for optimal cargo space. And since the seats fold nearly flat, you can lay in the back and look up at the stars through the all-glass roof.
Gear up and get going in seconds with our Quick Connect Crossbars, designed to fit multiple ports on the roof. Look for more Rivian accessories and adventure products you can purchase for your vehicle as we get closer to launch.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

R1T

Load in dirt bikes or sheets of plywood on a structural composite bed that’s wear and corrosion resistant. Two 110V outlets, a lockable, weatherproof tonneau cover and room under the bed floor for an optional full-size spare are standard on all vehicles.
Throw in your ski boots, trail shoes and soaked wetsuits. Our Gear Tunnel is designed to handle all the stuff you normally can’t find a spot for. The side doors have storage compartments inside and can hold up to 300 lbs so you can step up to load gear on the roof, or sit while you prep.
Camp Kitchen
The heart of the kitchen is a two-burner induction cooktop. Energy efficient while also powerful at 1,440 watts, the induction top heats food quickly, is easily wiped clean and is also windproof – perfect for outdoor cooking. A 4-gallon water tank, pump, collapsible sink and spray faucet are our answer to the dishwasher.

Camp Kitchen is available with a full cookware set from Snow Peak. Form-fitted, cork-lined drawers will include a 3-piece nonstick cook set, prep tools, water kettle, coffee grinder, dishes, flatware and insulated mugs for four. Camp kitchen also comes with conveniences like a towel bar and bag holder for recyclables or waste.

Our Camp Kitchen assembles using a modular, three-piece design making it easy to install and convenient to store. It also means it’s updatable in the future when new features are released. Underneath, the kitchen slides in-and-out on our Rivian shuttle system, a platform that has been developed to support a range of future Gear Tunnel accessories.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
PSA decently big site changes have taken place in the last 12 hours. Never check my notifications lol. Nothing ground breaking, just better organization and a few more pieces of information.

R1S
Thanks for sharing this.

By the way I did follow up with CS about the 60/40 seat. I asked why it was not listed as 40/20/40 as we saw in the guide video. Here is the response

This is a good call-out. You’re correct that the middle seat in the 2nd row does indeed fold down on its own, but the entire row is still considered to have 60/40 split folding. Because the middle section is, in fact, part of the larger, “60” portion of the row,

i guess from their perspective because that section that the middle piece connects to will not fold down by itself it is still a 60% section.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Thanks for sharing this.

By the way I did follow up with CS about the 60/40 seat. I asked why it was not listed as 40/20/40 as we saw in the guide video. Here is the response

This is a good call-out. You’re correct that the middle seat in the 2nd row does indeed fold down on its own, but the entire row is still considered to have 60/40 split folding. Because the middle section is, in fact, part of the larger, “60” portion of the row,

i guess from their perspective because that section that the middle piece connects to will not fold down by itself it is still a 60% section.
Thank you for this confirmation. I had speculated that the R1S would function like our BMW X7 (just sold in prep for the R1S). The bench would tilt for rear entry 60/40, but you could fold down the back of the seats 40/20/40. It helped when traveling with 6 people to fold down the center of the second row bench so they didn’t feel as claustrophobic.
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... AF61D33B-A501-4010-A755-B70284C05A75

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... D933D854-CEF3-4E2E-A960-9FA9E8CF26F0
Sponsored