Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Slight Re-Hash of what we already knew so far except now we know 7days/1000 miles which probably will negate any LE order test drives. From there also trade in information is now posted which is great. Keyfob looks neat too.
Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Will there be different fobs for r1t and r1s? Otherwise you end up with a button on fob for the r1t that does nothing (button for powered lift gate on r1s)

• Haha
Reactions: Jay

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Will there be different fobs for r1t and r1s? Otherwise you end up with a button on fob for the r1t that does nothing (button for powered lift gate on r1s)
Unless it is used for the gear tunnel...

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Tail gate

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
It is for remote start of your gear tunnel puppy on the R1T and release of a quick hint of tuna smell to get the attention of your frunk kitten in the R1S.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I’m excited by all of this. But, I’m still hoping for an in-person look at the interiors and exterior colors before committing 100% to my build configuration. This is the lone shortcoming of the 7 days/1,000 in home trial, in my view. It doesn’t solve that “choice” issue.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I hope they let the r1t tailgate drop from the fob.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I’m excited by all of this. But, I’m still hoping for an in-person look at the interiors and exterior colors before committing 100% to my build configuration. This is the lone shortcoming of the 7 days/1,000 in home trial, in my view. It doesn’t solve that “choice” issue.
1,000 mile.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
For those that are already emotionally committed to a purchase, this is a big deal.
For others, it's nice but not a substitute for touching, seeing, feeling before making a commitment.

I won't move forward before an in person experience. That may mean I don't get it as fast as I otherwise could. I'm fine with that.

If some people are willing to buy "blind", by all means Rivian should accommodate those customers if they are not able to do the dog and pony shows before they start shipments. If they wind up with a handful of returns, they will likely get rolled into the demo/loaner fleet.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I did not speak to anyone from Ford, I am not that interested in the Bronco.

I talked to the GMC rep that was there, told him I have a reservation, and got some new info from him. These were a few things he told me, no I cannot confirm they are 100% true.
  • He says the Ultium battery will have an energy density 30% better than Tesla.
  • He said the Hummer, due to its low center of gravity, could climb a 60% grade.
  • He confirmed the 350KW charging.
  • He told me there are 15 vehicles out testing, some are in Arizona (Yuma) for hot weather testing this summer, I have seen videos from the cold weather testing already.
  • The bed width between the wheel wells is 48 inches, I totally believe this, and you can see it is as wide as a full sized Sierra. The width of the Hummer, w/o mirrors is 86 inches.
Hummer_bed.jpeg
Ford's approach worked because even if you ordered a vehicle, you were under no obligation to take delivery and could request a refund of your deposit even after the vehicle was built and arrived at your dealer. Rivian needs to offer some sort of similar money back guarantee if you drive the vehicle and decide you don't want it. The challenge is with the direct sale and home delivery model Rivian is using, you are going to have to complete the sale prior to seeing the vehicle. If you decide you don't want it, Rivian would then be buying back a used vehicle and only be able to re-market it as used. It's not the same as the dealer just keeping the vehicle as new and selling it to the next customer who walks in.
Is this an assumption or do we know it to be true? Since the vehicles will be delivered with near zero miles I'm assuming you could turn it away without signing paperwork. If the registration paperwork is never completed I don't see why the car couldn't be sold as new to someone else. Laws for this may very in different jurisdictions. I just don't know if it's fact you have to complete payment and register the vehicle sight unseen.
This is why factory pick up is my first choice to take delivery.

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
But @RforRivian posted in the other thread yesterday that CS said new information was being released today.

I’m still holding out hope. Maybe it’s taking extra long to fit all that fat juicy new news on the website
That was what I was told. Maybe the plans changed or the different sections under the new Experience page were the "few items". Either way I was very disappointed and will not be getting my hopes up for another Thursday update.

I vote we start calling these weekly updates and info releases "Thursday Update of Rivian Details"

AKA... TURDs

So what do you guys think will be covered in next week's TURD?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Next week’s little TURD will be all about CCS charging (without any vehicle specifics, of course) and they will drop the name/location of another charger on the Adventure Network! ?

If they were public, stock would be down this morning.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I don't think we are too far out from accessories being added. In addition to the pictures I ran across, I also see a definition for an un-displayed tab in the configurator labelled "Adventure Gear" with a description of "Explore our full range of accessories for any adventure." There are also label definitions for a quantity selector so presumably you could purchase multiples of certain things.

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
I don't think we are too far out from accessories being added. In addition to the pictures I ran across, I also see a definition for an un-displayed tab in the configurator labelled "Adventure Gear" with a description of "Explore our full range of accessories for any adventure." There are also label definitions for a quantity selector so presumably you could purchase multiples of certain things.
Since you’ve made it on to InsideEV maybe Rivian will publish the accessories sooner than planned. Guess you’re famous now ?
https://insideevs.com/news/502994/rivian-r1t-r1s-leaked-accessories/
Sponsored