First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I don't have a launch edition pre-order but still find all this pretty exciting. Just like with EPA numbers, I can't imagine interior details can be too far away now.

Was it ever promised that all launch editions would be delivered this year? It may have been implied as the site lists other vehicles as beginning delivery in January 2022 but I don't know if it was ever actually promised.....
Yeah, only thing they promised was that all preorder holders will be contacted this year. Anyway, sounds to me that R1S preorder holders living in Alaska with Canyon Red and green interior have to wait until next spring.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Logged on to my Configure. Got this. Delivery begin in January 2022 Yes I have a Launch Edition configuration

Last edited:

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Yeah, only thing they promised was that all preorder holders will be contacted this year. Anyway, sounds to me that R1S preorder holders living in Alaska with Canyon Red and green interior have to wait until next spring.
Interesting thing is that it still says non-LE R1T and R1S orders begin in JAN 2022 on the vehicle configuration screen

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Interesting thing is that it still says non-LE R1T and R1S orders begin in JAN 2022 on the vehicle configuration screen
Yes I saw that too. That's why I'm thinking that only the really weird config and in remote areas will be the ones getting delivered May next year

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
"All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022."

So it sounds like Babbuino is correct that some of the more unusual and difficult to deliver LE configurations may be delivered after some non LE orders.
With zero mention if regular pre-orders I'm the update, I'm *guessing* the January delivery date is a remnant that will be removed soon. Hopefully not, but that's my guess.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Not sure if it’s new info or not, but for mine there’s a disclaimer,Ed that says the Offroad package may reduce the range. Makes sense with the extra weight, but don’t remember seeing that before.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Logged on to my Configure. Got this. Delivery begin in January 2022 Yes I have a Launch Edition configuration
Are you sure you’re logged in? I had the same happen when clicking the link from the Rivian Stories page. Launch Green color was also gone. That’s when I realized I wasn’t logged in and not viewing MY config.
Sponsored