Sponsored

What will we learn 5/24 - 5/30?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Quite the opposite.
My comment was tongue in cheek, but I know that it's tough to tell on the Internet.

You make some valid points, but I do know a thing or two about customer communications, relationships, and even forward-leaning products. For futures/roadmap, you share your SOPD disclaimer & just try to keep expectations reasonable.

I'm not saying this isn't hard, but I can say with 100% confidence that Rivian can do better. Along with many others here, the main reason I continue to beat that drum is in hopes Rivian will listen.
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
My comment was tongue in cheek, but I know that it's tough to tell on the Internet.
Mea culpa. I’ll join in asking for a more substantial info dump just so we don’t all emotionally self immolate over here ?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mea culpa. I’ll join in asking for a more substantial info dump just so we don’t all emotionally self immolate over here ?
And I hope I'm not the only one that needed to Google "immolate"!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You absolutely were. It's very commonly used throughout the rest of the U.S.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Not alone, but my guess was right. Thanks Google

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
And make this forum a whole lot less pleasant to visit
Who’s whining now? Just like we can cancel our reservations at any point if we don’t like how Rivian is treating us, you can leave this site at any point if you don’t like the content. But, of course, there’s no two-way streets in your closed mind.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Man, you guys are downers lately. Let’s not forget this is still a great value compared to anything else on the market, or coming on the horizon. I’m a huge fan of the new Lightning F150, and I still think this is a better value for the performance and materials. We will know something this week or next, just keep calm and carry on. We should be planning a meet and greet this Fall or next Spring when we get our trucks and SUVs!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
What will we learn? We will learn everything Barnaby.;)

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

We will learn about a slew of promotions. These will include Amy Mast, Nick Mulholland, Andy Bowman, and everyone else ith their Communications Department. They are all far too valuable to be doing whatever it is they are doing. :CWL:

Kenshaka

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Titan/2005 Honda Accord/2017 Zero DSR
Occupation
Radiology Technologist
So much of this reminds me of a young lady I dated (for a short time) many, many moons ago. If we were going out on a Saturday, she needed to hear nearly every day that we were still on for Saturday night, what time, where we were going, what we would be doing. This was in the days when a "mobile Phone" was a phone booth set up so that you could drive up and use it from your car (the did have push buttons and were not rotary phones). There wasn't texting, tweeting chatting or anything, and not everyone even had voicemail (if they did it was utilizing a cassette recorder).

I just don't get the need for the constant reassurance about a future event/timeline. Seriously, how many of you so worried about the first contacts in May are likely to be on that list? I have heard from not a single early R1T LE holder that is worried that the sky is falling.

Would sending an email every day saying "we are still on schedule" suffice? The lady I was dating would have then demanded much more detail - I suspect that is also the case here.

As to most people agreeing/not agreeing, I don't have any basis for deciding one way or the other (and don't really care for that matter). Obviously the constant whining has not changed Rivians timeline or corporate culture - all it is accomplishing is that the whiners get to reassure each other that they truly are being wronged and Rivian owes them something for the emotional distress they are being subjected to. And make this forum a whole lot less pleasant to visit

What exactly is it you need to know right now , that you don't already?

How to program in delayed charging? How many FM radio presets there will be? What font do they use on the display and is it customizable? How many different instrument panel display/layout options are there? Will every cup holder in the vehicle accommodate both a Super-Tanker sized soft drink and a short Starbucks cup?
All this stuff (and much more) is interesting to learn, but matters not one whit in the big picture. If any of those are key to your decision making - ask your Guide xx days/weeks/months from now when your turn to convert to an actual order arrives.

For those that think that whining and moaning resulted in more info from Rivian:
A dog that barks incessantly from the moment his/her owner leaves until they return likely believes that the barking worked and got the owner to return. It didn't cause the return, but annoyed the hell out of the neighbors in the mean time.
I wonder if anyone read the Pre-Order agreement? It’s all in writing what not to expect

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I think at the very least this week, we will learn Gideons shoe size in relation to the pedals and his favourite meal to cook on the camp kitchen

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
rivian.com/everything
Sponsored