Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm excited too, but some people really need to chill. We know it's coming today, does the specific millisecond really matter?

posix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 Turbo, BMW 3.0cs
i have work so that helps to keep my mind off the launch :)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'm excited too, but some people really need to chill. We know it's coming today, does the specific millisecond really matter?
I fully expect that I will get my email exactly 5 minutes after I pull out of the driveway this afternoon headed out of town on a 6 hour road trip leading to a few days of outdoor recreation.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
That IS the problem...does it matter?? If I configure the last day of pre-order launch time, does that put me way back at the end of the delivery line?? They don't tell us...they leave us all hanging and that irritates me. Why?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I fully expect that I will get my email exactly 5 minutes after I pull out of the driveway this afternoon headed out of town on a 6 hour road trip leading to a few days of outdoor recreation.
Tends to work out that way, doesn't it? I'd have hotspot & laptop handy, and might even put a special sign on my vehicle "Beware of Sudden Stops".

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That IS the problem...does it matter?? If I configure the last day of pre-order launch time, does that put me way back at the end of the delivery line?? They don't tell us...they leave us all hanging and that irritates me. Why?
No. From their website:
"Exact delivery dates will come next year and will be based on your original preorder date, delivery location and configuration."

Not because you're first to access the configurator.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If you want LE, I would make sure to get that configured before the 23rd. Otherwise, just relax... you're not going to miss out on anything.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
No. From their website:
"Exact delivery dates will come next year and will be based on your original preorder date, delivery location and configuration."

Not because you're first to access the configurator.
Okay, and they also said the launch version would be the 180kW battery first. Sorry, I'm still angry that for 2+ years I was told I'd get the 180kW at launch...I'm having a hard time getting over that little deception. Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the Rivian company concept and the vehicles, but I'm not happy that they haven't been more up front about all this, obviously. I expected them to be better, I guess.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Okay, and they also said the launch version would be the 180kW battery first. Sorry, I'm still angry that for 2+ years I was told I'd get the 180kW at launch...I'm having a hard time getting over that little deception. Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the Rivian company concept and the vehicles, but I'm not happy that they haven't been more up front about all this, obviously. I expected them to be better, I guess.
The 400 mile was in my wish list, but I wouldn't call it a deception. I mean they are telling us 7 months before they start shipping out any vehicles...

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Funny, I was also going to write that I doubt it was deception and more of the market research they've done lends itself to offering the mid-sized pack first. I've seen a number of people mad about this, but I'm in the other camp - I don't have a need for 400+ miles of range so I was thrilled that the LE is going to be the mid-sized pack (300+ is plenty).

I assumed I would be waiting for a little while for that battery pack, but turns out that's not the case. Curious if there are others in this same boat - actually being happy with the roll-out strategy.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Without a doubt! How many people are waiting anxiously to spend 75K :D
I’m waiting anxiously to see that I could have never afforded it all along. Maybe I’ll get the smallest battery is they ever have it. Or maybe I’ll just come back to earth and stick with ole reliable f150 for a few more years. :crying:

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
My prediction on when emails start flying:

CS hours are from 8AM to 8PM Central. Assuming they aren't requiring employees to work 12 hour shifts, I would expect that a whole group of CS agents start their day at Noon Central, working until 8PM. That would mean that from Noon to 4PM, give or take, they have the full amount of CS staff available, due to the overlapping shifts.

If I were Rivian, I'd send emails just after the 2nd shift is up and running and fully briefed.

Therefore, I'm guessing emails start going out between 12:45 and 1:00PM Central time.
Sponsored