First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I’m waiting anxiously to see that I could have never afforded it all along. Maybe I’ll get the smallest battery is they ever have it. Or maybe I’ll just come back to earth and stick with ole reliable f150 for a few more years. :crying:
I was planing to replace my wife's Forester, but I may end up trading the Q5 so I get more for it and I can afford it :D
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Okay, and they also said the launch version would be the 180kW battery first. Sorry, I'm still angry that for 2+ years I was told I'd get the 180kW at launch...I'm having a hard time getting over that little deception. Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the Rivian company concept and the vehicles, but I'm not happy that they haven't been more up front about all this, obviously. I expected them to be better, I guess.
What people were told at a reveal party (or other event) about plans and intentions are much different than a commitment from the company. I've never ween anything in an official Rivian communication that had any indication that the 180 kWh pack would ship first.

In fact, all references to pack kWh have been removed and all we know about the first vehicles is that they will ship with the "Large" pack with 300+ miles of range. Is it 135 kWh? Or did they need to go to 150 kWh to get the range they wanted? Or perhaps they found the 120 kWh could get them their target number?

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
What people were told at a reveal party (or other event) about plans and intentions are much different than a commitment from the company. I've never ween anything in an official Rivian communication that had any indication that the 180 kWh pack would ship first.

In fact, all references to pack kWh have been removed and all we know about the first vehicles is that they will ship with the "Large" pack with 300+ miles of range. Is it 135 kWh? Or did they need to go to 150 kWh to get the range they wanted? Or perhaps they found the 120 kWh could get them their target number?
It was in the press release:

"Deliveries will begin in late 2020. Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. The 180 kWh pack (400+ miles range) and 135 kWh pack will be available at launch, with the base variant (250+ miles range) to follow within 12 months of the start of production."

https://media.rivian.com/rivian-lau...dventure-vehiclestm-with-debut-of-r1t-pickup/

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Apparently emails went out to VERY early preorder holders & a couple members here have already been in.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It was in the press release:

"Deliveries will begin in late 2020. Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. The 180 kWh pack (400+ miles range) and 135 kWh pack will be available at launch, with the base variant (250+ miles range) to follow within 12 months of the start of production."

https://media.rivian.com/rivian-lau...dventure-vehiclestm-with-debut-of-r1t-pickup/
I see nothing in there that says the 180 kWh version will ship first.
Only that the 135 and 180 versions will be produced/shipped before the 105 kWh.
"Available at launch" means you can configure and order it (as opposed to the 105 kWh version which you cannot).
And plans do change based on testing, preproduction and other factors (note the 2020 date for deliveries)

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I see nothing in there that says the 180 kWh version will ship first.
Only that the 135 and 180 versions will be produced/shipped before the 105 kWh.
"Available at launch" means you can configure and order it (as opposed to the 105 kWh version which you cannot).
And plans do change based on testing, preproduction and other factors (note the 2020 date for deliveries)
" Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first."

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
I'm an 11/30/18 preorder and got mine at 1:12 eastern. Super simple, not any new info just picking your options.

OP
OP
Vern Bybee

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I'm in no mention of the glass roof
Well below what I have set aside
Enough to buy a CT also
Whoop Whoop

JamesCockrill

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Residential & Commerical Builder
anyone have a screen shot of the configurator they can share just as a little teaser for what is coming?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dec '18 preorder. Email came through @ 12:16 PM CST & config done.

Rivian Blue & Compass Yellow are $2500 options, with the other colors being $1500.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
anyone have a screen shot of the configurator they can share just as a little teaser for what is coming?
Only 3 sections & very limited options, this is my summary.
Rivian R1T R1S What time Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 12.28.31 PM

catmandew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Lexus ES 350, Chevrolet S10
Only 3 sections & very limited options, this is my summary.
Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 12.28.31 PM.png
Confirmed. I just went through the pages - nothing new in terms of options, etc. Didn't notice any towing, spare tire, or quick connect crossbar, etc, options (at this time).

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
" Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first."
And they will indeed enter production before the base 105 kWh version
Sponsored