What is 2mi/kWh?

Braindead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, XC90
Occupation
Product
Depends where you are located and the season. I’m in NJ. I don’t have my Rivian yet but I have a RAV4 prime. I was getting 3.1 miles/ KWH in summer but down to 2.8 this winter (loss of around 0.3). I was getting upto 50 miles range in summer but in peak winter with heat on I’m getting around 38-40.
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I've been toying with A Better Rout Planner while I wait and noticed the default reference wh/mile for the R1T is 516 @65MPH. Running the 20" AT tires shouldn't it be closer to 490 or an even 500 wh/mile conservatively for 65MPH?
Also does anyone know how ABRP calculates charge time at DCFC? For example does it use the the max output of the charger, the max the car can receive or some generic charge curve?

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Also does anyone know how ABRP calculates charge time at DCFC? For example does it use the the max output of the charger, the max the car can receive or some generic charge curve?
ABRP currently marks Rivian R1 models as Alpha stage, meaning they don't have a lot of data. What they do have may be a crude estimate rather than measurements from actual vehicles. ABRP does provide a mechanism for owners to collect data via OBD2 and submit it for use in tweaking the modeling of consumption at various speeds as well as charging curves. I'd assume that as more people get their trucks and collect data, ABRP's estimate will fall in line with reality. My MINI Cooper SE is still marked Beta even though it's been out since early 2020, but the estimates it has been giving are pretty close to reality at this point.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
ABRP currently marks Rivian R1 models as Alpha stage, meaning they don't have a lot of data. What they do have may be a crude estimate rather than measurements from actual vehicles. ABRP does provide a mechanism for owners to collect data via OBD2 and submit it for use in tweaking the modeling of consumption at various speeds as well as charging curves. I'd assume that as more people get their trucks and collect data, ABRP's estimate will fall in line with reality. My MINI Cooper SE is still marked Beta even though it's been out since early 2020, but the estimates it has been giving are pretty close to reality at this point.
Thanks. This makes sense. ABRP efficiency/ range for the R1T seems conservative but the charge curve looks to be optimistic. Maybe ABRP would trade some Rivian data for a free upgrade to premium service.
Sponsored