Sponsored

What does suspension consider level when driving?

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
I'm often noticing my truck is always about half an inch, or a little more, lower on the driver's side when parked on perfectly level ground. I know the roads are crowned consistently toward the edge of the road where I live so I'm wondering what the truck considers level. Does it try to be level to itself by maintaining consistent clearance at all four wheels? Or, does it attempt to be level to the world and compensate for the road crown, thus resulting in lower driver's side on the road? Then once I leave the road and park on a level surface it doesn't get to re-average that to level? Does anyone know?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
At this point, I don't think even Rivian knows. They can't seem to figure out how to align their own vehicles, so I really think they're just throwing shit at the walls, at this point, when it comes to suspension.

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
If it's always low on the same side, you may want to have them check to make sure there's no leak in your air suspension.

OP
OP
cjust2006

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
If it's always low on the same side, you may want to have them check to make sure there's no leak in your air suspension.
Yeah, did that. They say it's fine yet it's still leans enough to be noticable to the naked eye. Can't use kneel because of it, but "everything's fine." I've had my truck in no less than 5 times for suspension issues and nothing ever changes or gets fixed.
Sponsored