Weird static noise - any suggestions?

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I've been enjoying my R1T for 6 months now with few issues. Recently I got it back from the service center and I've had a couple of minor issues. One of which I can't figure out. Periodically we hear a static noise that is pretty annoying. Its not the radio and is unaffected by the volume control and we can still hear it if we turn off the radio/music. Its not the camp speaker, because ive taken that out and still experienced it. Its not the air, since it persists even with the air off. It continues even when we are stopped and in park. I have done a reset a couple of times, and that stops it, but it will do it again at some random moment.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Any ideas? Thanks
Sponsored

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
if i sit in my garage in the truck and be quiet i hear two things which bother me.

One is high pitch whine coming from behind the driver screen display/steering wheel lower area. like a computer humming all the time. very annoying when trying to relax and chill in the truck.

Also if i turn the stereo on and the volume is almost all the way off i hear underlying layer of distortion of the music playing in the highs and bass. turning the volume up does not increase the distorted portion of the music so eventually its drowned out. Wondering if others could try putting their ear to the a pillar tweeter, starting with the volume all the way down and just increasing in one click increments to hear similar distortion underlying the signal. all streaming and radio seem equally affected.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Not sure
I've been enjoying my R1T for 6 months now with few issues. Recently I got it back from the service center and I've had a couple of minor issues. One of which I can't figure out. Periodically we hear a static noise that is pretty annoying. Its not the radio and is unaffected by the volume control and we can still hear it if we turn off the radio/music. Its not the camp speaker, because ive taken that out and still experienced it. Its not the air, since it persists even with the air off. It continues even when we are stopped and in park. I have done a reset a couple of times, and that stops it, but it will do it again at some random moment.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Any ideas? Thanks
not sure if this is related but several folks here, including me, hear static as background to the turn signal noise. You could try turning the turn signal on and off next time it occurs to a) see if it’s the same sound and b) see if that gets it to stop.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Not sure

not sure if this is related but several folks here, including me, hear static as background to the turn signal noise. You could try turning the turn signal on and off next time it occurs to a) see if it’s the same sound and b) see if that gets it to stop.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one here that has this. I was wondering if I'd be the only to notice. Almost made a post about that it. Either is a poor recording with background hiss or the speakers hiss when audio is being pumped through it.

OP, could this static also be described as metal rattling slightly? I know by the foot where the accelerator pedal is, it can vibrate a little when the fan up front is running to cool the batteries.

OP
OP

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one here that has this. I was wondering if I'd be the only to notice. Almost made a post about that it. Either is a poor recording with background hiss or the speakers hiss when audio is being pumped through it.

OP, could this static also be described as metal rattling slightly? I know by the foot where the accelerator pedal is, it can vibrate a little when the fan up front is running to cool the batteries.
Hmmm. I’ll pay more attention to that, but I don’t think so. Like I mentioned, I hear it even in park and it sounds more like a radio on static, but it’s not the radio! Very peculiar!

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This sounds EXACTLY like what I experience... With my wife's Hatch alarm clock light. When the light is on, and noise turned off, it's like periodic Bluetooth static. It sounds like what I used to hear in my Land Rover right before my cell phone would ring. My wife is hard of hearing so has no idea about it, but I'm gonna take that thing apart one day and pull the speaker.

Perhaps antenna picking things up? Or a speaker? I don't know how the HF, VHF, etc band interference gets relayed to the speakers, but it happens.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Could it be the ventilated seats? When turned on it makes a white noise sound.
Sponsored