Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I ordered a set of the Weathertech window shades (the full set). I know most folks are worried more about the roof but in my case I mostly already have that covered.

I more or less knew what to expect because I had this product for my ProMaster build but regardless here are some photos. It includes one for the back window which I wasn’t expecting and frankly probably don’t need in my situation either. They include one reflective side for summer and a black side for winter.

Only complaint if I had one is I think the shape is just not quite perfect for the two front doors but all in all will definitely do the job.

Rivian R1T R1S Weathertech Window Shades 8F66FB81-A5EE-499B-80E9-53DCDC7ABB5D

Rivian R1T R1S Weathertech Window Shades 9BBBDB31-6C69-4998-8300-C64F5828E9D8
Sponsored

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer
I purchased windshield shade. Fits window very well. Rolls up and is light weight, but large in size. I put it in the gear tunnel for storing.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This?

https://www.weathertech.com/rivian/2022/r1t/sunshade/

We had no option but to park facing west in the sun the last few days and the interior heat got bad. I gave up a literally cool forested backwoods campground for an RV park. I hate RV parks, but I love my in-laws, so compromises were made.

Rivian R1T R1S Weathertech Window Shades PXL_20230605_035116061

sandsk8erz400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered a set of the Weathertech window shades (the full set). I know most folks are worried more about the roof but in my case I mostly already have that covered.

I more or less knew what to expect because I had this product for my ProMaster build but regardless here are some photos. It includes one for the back window which I wasn’t expecting and frankly probably don’t need in my situation either. They include one reflective side for summer and a black side for winter.

Only complaint if I had one is I think the shape is just not quite perfect for the two front doors but all in all will definitely do the job.

8F66FB81-A5EE-499B-80E9-53DCDC7ABB5D.jpeg

9BBBDB31-6C69-4998-8300-C64F5828E9D8.jpeg
Do they back seat side windows have suction cups, or are they sizes to just slip fit into the opening? The ones for my Tesla have suction cups that I'm not a fan of (due to the frameless window design I imagine).

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This?

https://www.weathertech.com/rivian/2022/r1t/sunshade/

We had no option but to park facing west in the sun the last few days and the interior heat got bad. I gave up a literally cool forested backwoods campground for an RV park. I hate RV parks, but I love my in-laws, so compromises were made.

PXL_20230605_035116061.jpg
Yep those are the ones. I got the full vehicle kit and it covers every window except the roof. I just used them today for a quick run into Walmart and it was an instant impact on the internal temp and I only put the front and DF shades.

BTW I love that RTT, is it a genuine iKamper :p

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Do they back seat side windows have suction cups, or are they sizes to just slip fit into the opening? The ones for my Tesla have suction cups that I'm not a fan of (due to the frameless window design I imagine).
No suction cups at all on any of the shades, they are just custom fit and stay in place within the groove around the windows.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yep those are the ones. I got the full vehicle kit and it covers every window except the roof. I just used them today for a quick run into Walmart and it was an instant impact on the internal temp and I only put the front and DF shades.

BTW I love that RTT, is it a genuine iKamper :p
Ordered!

I already have a chip in the windshield so I'm waiting till I get my next new one to schedule outside protection and inside UV films. These will help in the interim and during camping.

My better half approves of the iKamper! That mattress with a 1 inch foam topper is fantastic. Add the electric blanket, đź‘Ś. Hopefully we'll get more impromptu trips now!
Sponsored