Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Quite a lot to update but currently working on adding some Morimoto lights to my Xtrusion Overland bed rack.

Amber spot chase light and some "scene" lights. I've also gone from 4 bangers to 2 bangers for ditch lights. That way I don't get any light bounce on bumps and while offroad. Went from s00nish ditch light brackets to some from M&R that I had to modify.

I have the light wiring harness built for the rack and now I need to drill through the small corner panel by the rear window to get my wires into the cab. I will be using my existing grounding block behind rear seats (using for WeBoost and Midland GMRS radio) and pulling power wires all the way through the firewall and to my Garmin PowerSwitch in the frunk area.

More photos when all is completed.

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3911.jpeg

IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

And a beauty shot just because. :cool:

DSC00767.jpg
Any additional pics of where you drilled for chase lights and how you ran wiring in the rack?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WattTruckMatt

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Any additional pics of where you drilled for chase lights and how you ran wiring in the rack?
I drilled through this small plastic piece. You can see where I made a mistake the first time around. I'm an idiot and should have known the tonneau cover "box" was under there. I measured a few more times to find a small gap under a plastic to run the wiring to a grommet behind rear seats.

I'm about to get a tonneau replacement and I've already purchased a replacement piece so I'll have them do that in a few weeks.

I will need to remove my bed rack and which point I plan to update the wiring a little bit. I'm going to run my GMRS and WeBoost Antennas through this hole as well.

Rivian R1T R1S WattTruckMatt's El Cap Granite R1T Journey & Build Journal Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 8.33.58 PM

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I drilled through this small plastic piece. You can see where I made a mistake the first time around. I'm an idiot and should have known the tonneau cover "box" was under there. I measured a few more times to find a small gap under a plastic to run the wiring to a grommet behind rear seats.

I'm about to get a tonneau replacement and I've already purchased a replacement piece so I'll have them do that in a few weeks.

I will need to remove my bed rack and which point I plan to update the wiring a little bit. I'm going to run my GMRS and WeBoost Antennas through this hole as well.

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 8.33.58 PM.png
Thank you. Which size drill bit grommet and where did you get it, if you remember?

Also, I’m almost always that idiot as well lol, I feel your pain. Cutting into my frunk to add the 12 volt today made me pucker.

OP
OP
WattTruckMatt

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T