First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I was going to do this exact same post last night and forgot. I thought I noticed it backing into the garage a few weeks ago after washing it. Yesterday it rained and when I drove it and came to a stop I thought I heard it, so did a few light acceleration/braking cycles and sounded like a small bathtub sloshing back and forth. I had it parked on about a 5-10% slope left side down while it was raining, so thought maybe a drain in the lower door panel might have been above the water, but it was level when I washed it a few weeks ago. When I got out I gave the door a good shake, but didn't hear it, so I'm assuming it is something underneath on the right side of the truck. I'm probably going to add it to my pending service ticket. I'm getting the mobile visit for the recall issue Monday and will ask the technician to see if they know about it.

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
Push the lower facia out , i.e. towards the outside and see if water starts coming out. Mine retains water like my < >I better not go there :)

Rivian R1T R1S Water Sloshing Sound - Passenger Side PXL_20221008_235612870

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Tried this - nothing came out, on both the passenger-side front and rear door. Will keep investigating.

Flyingscot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Pharma stuff
I have the same thing lots of sloshing around… I did a few hard start stops and definitely dislodged some of it but it is super noticeable.

Sponsored

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T RB/OC/20
Thought I was hearing things…Same issue here, wonder if it is AC related? Or possibly hydraulic tank for suspension? Definitely sounds like a tank with liquid inside moving around.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Oh brother…. More problems to anticipate when the rains return to Seattle next week. No real rain in many months.

F1shSkier

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
Solar Energy Consultant
Clubs

I just heard this yesterday after I went through a car wash and happened to have the radio off. Hope it's all draining out! I'm going to ask the mobile tech about it today.

sr_dipstick

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser; VW Mk1 Cabby
Any follow up on this from anyone? I just heard the sloshing today after PNW rainfall. I missed getting it back in the garage before the rain came (hate wet floors) and now it’s waterlogged. Ugh!

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Any follow up on this from anyone? I just heard the sloshing today after PNW rainfall. I missed getting it back in the garage before the rain came (hate wet floors) and now it’s waterlogged. Ugh!
I didn’t get anywhere, but definitely try the recommendations above.

Sponsored

22RivianCDH

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 22 R1S, 22 Raptor 37, 21Jeep 392,20 G63
Occupation
Broker
I was going to do this exact same post last night and forgot. I thought I noticed it backing into the garage a few weeks ago after washing it. Yesterday it rained and when I drove it and came to a stop I thought I heard it, so did a few light acceleration/braking cycles and sounded like a small bathtub sloshing back and forth. I had it parked on about a 5-10% slope left side down while it was raining, so thought maybe a drain in the lower door panel might have been above the water, but it was level when I washed it a few weeks ago. When I got out I gave the door a good shake, but didn't hear it, so I'm assuming it is something underneath on the right side of the truck. I'm probably going to add it to my pending service ticket. I'm getting the mobile visit for the recall issue Monday and will ask the technician to see if they know about it.
Did you ever find out what was happening ?

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Did you ever find out what was happening ?
Yes, posted in a couple of other threads. Mobile service tech fixed it when he came for the recall. There is a little one way rubber plug that not infrequently gets applied a little too tight in assembly. The water is in a space where it is supposed to collect as it runs down the door frame. The plug was keeping it from draining. He checked the plug on the driver door too, and it had water marks where you could tell it was draining. The one from the passenger door looked brand new. Haven't had any water collecting since. I was relieved it was a space water was supposed to get into. It just wasn't getting out as designed.

22RivianCDH

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 22 R1S, 22 Raptor 37, 21Jeep 392,20 G63
Occupation
Broker
Yes, posted in a couple of other threads. Mobile service tech fixed it when he came for the recall. There is a little one way rubber plug that not infrequently gets applied a little too tight in assembly. The water is in a space where it is supposed to collect as it runs down the door frame. The plug was keeping it from draining. He checked the plug on the driver door too, and it had water marks where you could tell it was draining. The one from the passenger door looked brand new. Haven't had any water collecting since. I was relieved it was a space water was supposed to get into. It just wasn't getting out as designed.

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
I have this too on the passenger side, 98XX. Have a SC appt in December and hope for it to be fixed then