Sponsored

Warnings for front camera and sensors

lovelitlive2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I just took delivery of a R1S last Friday and I started to get this issue this week. After I drive for a few mins, an error message saying the front camera is off would appear, and another error message saying the sensors are off would immediately pop up. Then I have the warning lights (right triangle with a exclamation mark, the forward collision warning, and lane departure warning) staying up on the dashboard for the next 10 minutes or so, then those warning lights would go away.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am guessing this is just a software issue.
Sponsored

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I occasionally have the same warnings along with ride height not working. Leaving the vehicle alone and allowing it to sleep reset "fixes" the problems.

I agree it seems like software.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I would try doing an infotainment reset. And maybe also a full vehicle reset. Let us know if you need instructions for those (they've been covered a ton of times in forums and owner's manual). Also it probably wouldn't hurt to give the vehicle a good walk-around and make sure nothing obvious (physical damage to camera or sensors that could've occurred during shipping, for example). Could also be a loose wire. If it keeps occurring after the resets and sleep cycle, I'd probably call Rivian.

Good luck, let us know how it goes. 😊

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
I had this issue start in December. Had it in for service in Jan. When I picked it up they said one of the wires was routed in a strange way and was rubbing up against something. They fixed it and I haven't had the issue since. I've also seen people having this attributed to a loose wiring harness, which would probably be similar. Also could be software related.

For context, the issue on my truck arose after 12k miles and ~16 months.

RBM3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, eGolf, GX460

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
I just took delivery of a R1S last Friday and I started to get this issue this week. After I drive for a few mins, an error message saying the front camera is off would appear, and another error message saying the sensors are off would immediately pop up. Then I have the warning lights (right triangle with a exclamation mark, the forward collision warning, and lane departure warning) staying up on the dashboard for the next 10 minutes or so, then those warning lights would go away.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am guessing this is just a software issue.
First, try rebooting the vehicle system – sometimes it's just a glitch that needs a quick reset. If the problem sticks around, it could be a software bug. Updating the software might do the trick. Also, check out the physical connections of the front camera and sensors. Make sure everything is snug and tight.
Sponsored