Sponsored

"Front Camera Off" - Some driver assist features unavailable.

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T Launch Edition, 22 Corvette C8 Z51 2LT HTC
Occupation
Software Engineer
Since I got the truck back from the HV & LV battery replacement (39.3) - Once or twice a week when driving down the road or sitting in my garage I will get an alert on the Driver display that says the front camera is "off", or the front sensors are "off" - and some driver assist features are unavailable. It lasts only a few seconds then disappears and all is normal again.

I'm wondering if this is a software bug or if perhaps there is a wiring harness that is not fully clipped in from the repair.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
I had my truck in for service for very similar issues. It turns out there was an issue with the wiring harness that needed to be repaired. I'd create a ticket and push the service center to take a good look at the wiring harness.

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had my truck in for service for very similar issues. It turns out there was an issue with the wiring harness that needed to be repaired. I'd create a ticket and push the service center to take a good look at the wiring harness.
Yeah my guess is during reassembly of the battery/truck they must have nicked something or maybe just left something not fully plugged in — or maybe there is just a loose connector that needs dielectric grease somewhere.

Either that or a software bug.

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
First long road trip - received this front camera error while using driver +, lane assist. Interestingly, it only occurred in the dark…and seemingly only when following a semi truck with trailer.

anyone else see this?

RBM3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, eGolf, GX460
I picked up my R1S a few weeks ago. I’m having this issue as well. Usually in the afternoon when I get in the truck on a hot day, I get errors for the front sensors and a constant flashing warning that the front camera in the windshield isn’t working.

I have a service ticket open for it. I’m thinking it’s just a loose wire harness connector somewhere.

IMG_2157.jpeg
IMG_2156.jpeg

this warning flashes constantly while I’m driving.
IMG_2136.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine ended up being the 12v batteries were pulled down too low before the charger kicked in. I carried it in and they replaced them again, and it’s been about a year since then with no more issues.

RBM3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, eGolf, GX460
Yours were only on for a few seconds right? On my car it stays on for my entire drive, sometimes about 35-45 min. Wonder if it could still be the LV batteries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yeah, only for a few seconds. It happened intermittently until I finally got the Service 12v warning and carried it in for service.

RBM3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, eGolf, GX460
I finally had the car looked at, they replaced the ADAS module on my car. I haven’t had an issue since.
IMG_2895.jpeg
Sponsored