First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
NEW UPDATE: Version 2023.06.05 (Hotfix) – Additional Improvements - Intended for vehicles built with an older version of the Driver+ front camera software. It addresses an occasional issue that disengaged ACC or Highway Assist in low light environments.

https://rivian.software/2023-06-05/
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Or is it a covert way to fix the 12v of death problem?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Or is it a covert way to fix the 12v of death problem?
My truck actually has the issue referenced in the notes, so I'm hoping they actually were able to address it.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My truck actually has the issue referenced in the notes, so I'm hoping they actually were able to address it.
I assume they really did fix that too. But hopefully for all the 12v issues that have been reported, maybe they figured that out too, just won't say it publicly. At least hoping before it hits mine....or maybe it never will. Who knows...

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Does it fix random disengagements?
That's what it says, they just don't call them random. Maybe they discovered a root cause.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Drive 500 miles over the weekend and it was unsettling. Driver+ would give up in the weirdest places out of nowhere. Not confidence inspiring. Quite a ways to catch up to Tesla in that front

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I just figured their camera system was too sensitive and didn't detect enough variation in the images and it triggered the "camera blocked" cutoff.

I get it all the time up in Northern Wisconsin at night if i don't have my brights on. Super annoying.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Drive 500 miles over the weekend and it was unsettling. Driver+ would give up in the weirdest places out of nowhere. Not confidence inspiring. Quite a ways to catch up to Tesla in that front
Yep. Honestly I barely use it anymore due to this. It will disengage multiple times on my commute now I just use the ACC.

Sponsored

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I'd love to see the actual footage of what the camera is viewing and detecting and not detecting (kind of like what you can see on Teslas cameras).

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd love to see the actual footage of what the camera is viewing and detecting and not detecting (kind of like what you can see on Teslas cameras).
I don't think it's necessarily a detection issue, mine will state a system fault when this happens.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Mine disengaged twice on a road trip yesterday. Once when the highway was so worn that the yellow line disappeared. Didn't cut off til we were going onto the shoulder. And the other time it stayed engaged but quickly decelerated from 75+ to 60 with no traffic around. Gonna stick with ACC on the way back.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Isn't this is what is indicated on the center display - i.e. the "traffic" around you (pedestrians, motorcycles, box trucks, cars, etc.)? This comment is largely intended as sarcastic because if that is what it's basing Driver+ on, then no wonder it doesn't work! :CWL:

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Isn't this is what is indicated on the center display - i.e. the "traffic" around you (pedestrians, motorcycles, box trucks, cars, etc.)? This comment is largely intended as sarcastic because if that is what it's basing Driver+ on, then no wonder it doesn't work! :CWL:
Ha! I should have been clearer. However, this is what I meant in my post. The actual objects etc.
Rivian R1T R1S Version 2023.06.05 Hotfix for Driver+ Front Camera 1678833626380
Sponsored