Sponsored

Vent, B!tch & Moaning for the mis-"Guided"

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I would love to have CarPlay and use/rely on it daily, but I must say the most import feature is just ready access to Siri. Screen display and control of an app (such as Waze) is close second.
It seems unlikely that Rivian would implement access to Siri. I hope I'm wrong.
Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
It seems unlikely that Rivian would implement access to Siri. I hope I'm wrong.
That would be a deal breaker. I rely on Siri to read and send texts, set reminders and handle phone calls while driving.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
That would be a deal breaker. I rely on Siri to read and send texts, set reminders and handle phone calls while driving.
Siri should be able to read, send texts, set reminders and handle phone calls while you are driving if you connect it through Bluetooth. The same way it reads when wearing your earphones.The car won't turn off your cellphone.
Carplay will give you the added functionality of showing a simplified display on the screen.
I'm starting to think that people have forgotten what's like to not have carplay ...

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Siri should be able to read, send texts, set reminders and handle phone calls while you are driving if you connect it through Bluetooth. The same way it reads when wearing your earphones.The car won't turn off your cellphone.
Carplay will give you the added functionality of showing a simplified display on the screen.
I'm starting to think that people have forgotten what's like to not have carplay ...
Yes. All I need is a steering while “talk” button to act for the phone when connected to Bluetooth.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I think people don’t understand what CarPlay and Siri Eyes-Free do.

Without them you must summon Siri through your smart device. A much worse experience than pushing a button on your steering wheel.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Yes. All I need is a steering while “talk” button to act for the phone when connected to Bluetooth.
That is called Siri Eyes-Free, and based on conversations with Rivian CS I don’t believe they will allow that feature.

Again, I hope I’m wrong.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That is called Siri Eyes-Free, and based on conversations with Rivian CS I don’t believe they will allow that feature.

Again, I hope I’m wrong.
I hope you’re wrong too. :-(. Not having access to what I need while in the truck would be a deal breaker.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think people don’t understand what CarPlay and Siri Eyes-Free do.

Without them you must summon Siri through your smart device. A much worse experience than pushing a button on your steering wheel.
This is just not correct. Jeep has implemented integration thorough bluetooth so using the buttons on the steering wheel you can engage Siri on the iPhone.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
BTW, looks like there will be a way to connect with the phone. Can't wait for the day guides to start showing up...

Rivian R1T R1S Vent, B!tch & Moaning for the mis-"Guided" Screenshot_20210326-123713_Samsung Internet

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks guys. In this day and age, I cannot imagine anyone launching a high-tech vehicle without excellent integration with smart phones.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

While I agree with your frustration and addiction to hitting refresh here... 25% of me LOVES the Easter Eggs that is hardcore fans find. Call me a sadist.

Also thanks for starting this thread.
Gearhead,

I'm new to some tech that the rest of the world now thinks of as old-school. To me, Easter Eggs were just that once-a-year exercise around a holiday that ultimately made me sick of hard-boiled eggs. Maybe because I didn't find some until June.?

I know what modern Easter Eggs are, but can you give an example of one you've found here? It's not like I need a reason to dedicate the other two hours of each day not spent in the Forum to just staying here around the clock, but you got my curiosity up about these hidden gems. With about 168 hours between press releases, I've got the time. Can you help a guy out? Even if it's just pointing me to a specific entry in a thread, my masochist mind would love the hunt.

Thanks a bunch!

BTW, do you know the difference between a sadist and a masochist?

The masochist pleads "Beat me, beat me!", and the sadist just says "Nnnooo!!!"

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Gearhead,

I'm new to some tech that the rest of the world now thinks of as old-school. To me, Easter Eggs were just that once-a-year exercise around a holiday that ultimately made me sick of hard-boiled eggs. Maybe because I didn't find some until June.?

I know what modern Easter Eggs are, but can you give an example of one you've found here? It's not like I need a reason to dedicate the other two hours of each day not spent in the Forum to just staying here around the clock, but you got my curiosity up about these hidden gems. With about 168 hours between press releases, I've got the time. Can you help a guy out? Even if it's just pointing me to a specific entry in a thread, my masochist mind would love the hunt.

Thanks a bunch!

BTW, do you know the difference between a sadist and a masochist?

The masochist pleads "Beat me, beat me!", and the sadist just says "Nnnooo!!!"
Real quick off the top of my head was the detective work to find Spotify support.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Real quick off the top of my head was the detective work to find Spotify support.
Now I get it! You're not the sadist you thought you were! ?

Thanks!
Sponsored