Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Is there a way i can check the blue book value on 1 January?
KBB used to allow you to order these. They aren't available on website. You have to call and order.

I would be armed with current book on your car too. Also, push for the "fair condition".

Fair trade on a 22 R1T quad with only 5,000 miles is $67,700 according to KBB. Private party on the same example is $71,500.

On the high end - private party excellent condition with 5,000 miles 77,800

The burden should be on them to prove the book was higher I would think.
Sponsored

Kärsti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, 20' AT tires
Appalachian Mtns VA. My personal property tax on the R1T from delivery date August 12 2022 to end of year was $594, so thats about $1,669 annually, and the county had it valued at $55,980 for 2022, I hope they dont revalue it at 85k in 2023.

Received my tax bill, truck assessed at $70,065, tax of $1786.66

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
In the upwards of 5 or so states I've lived in, this is the first where I've paid an annual tax to own a vehicle. For most, sales tax was enough.
Fun fact, I pulled this quote from a Car and Driver article:

Overall Best State to Buy a Car
While the best state will vary based on any given driver's personal needs, there is a clear general winner if you're looking for the most affordable state to buy a car in. The grand champion is New Hampshire. It doesn't rank as the best in any particular category, but it's the overall most affordable when you consider all the factors.

New Hampshire doesn't require a sales tax on vehicles, so that cost is removed entirely. Additionally, registration fees are remarkably low. Given the cost of insurance, cost of living, and the number of used cars on the market there, it could be relatively easy to find an affordable car you will be happy driving.

OP
OP

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Received my tax bill, truck assessed at $70,065, tax of $1786.66
I am paying double that! My truck must be more special....
No wonder everyone is moving out of NOVA. I have to admit, I am feeling pretty bitter about it.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Says who?
https://www.novaregiondashboard.com/people-overall
https://www.novaregiondashboard.com/population

NOVA has only recorded one population decline since 1970, and it was due to the pandemic and was only a few thousand people out of the more than 3-million in NOVA. Population once again climbed in 2022.
NOVA’s population absolutely exploded since I’ve been alive. I could hardly recognize my hometown the last time I was there. The personal property tax is absolutely ludicrous though.
Sponsored