Sponsored

Update: Anyone else sick of their Rivian changing its height every two seconds? Found a workaround.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I REALLY hope they get rid of this before I get my truck (they have the time unfortunately) - that's ridiculous! What possible reason is there to be constantly adjusting the height for normal, everyday driving? My model S adjusts height for geo-locations, highway driving and it will drop out of high or very high above 40MPH. That's perfect and I just assumed Rivian would have a similar scheme.
I can't grok the reasoning behind the truck deciding to change height while just driving around town and especially sitting still. If I tell it I want it at a particular height setting, why would Rivian decide it needs to adjust that? That really sounds like a SW bug to me.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ash
OP
OP

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I swear my truck is trolling me. I can be parked, open the door to get in and it suddenly raises itself up 3” like, “you want to drive me? Jump your @$$ up here!”

Nothing graceful about climbing in or out of a moving target.

Somedays it’s more aggressive than others with big adjustments at every redlight. I thought I had vertigo for a minute.

ha ~ still love my truck though. :)
I think it may be trying to self level sometimes when parked. I wish they would explain the hows and whys for the suspension. Here we are just speculating about how it works vs how it’s supposed to work. You would think they would explain it in detail if this many people are wondering if it’s working as intended.

OP
OP

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I REALLY hope they get rid of this before I get my truck (they have the time unfortunately) - that's ridiculous! What possible reason is there to be constantly adjusting the height for normal, everyday driving? My model S adjusts height for geo-locations, highway driving and it will drop out of high or very high above 40MPH. That's perfect and I just assumed Rivian would have a similar scheme.
I can't grok the reasoning behind the truck deciding to change height while just driving around town and especially sitting still. If I tell it I want it at a particular height setting, why would Rivian decide it needs to adjust that? That really sounds like a SW bug to me.
My thoughts exactly. Who are they to tell me what I need or want, but that appears to be the intention. I would be perfectly fine with a big red message that says you shouldn’t do this, but you still can if you want to.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Just updated tonight, but haven’t driven it yet. Hopefully this is true, though I didn’t read anything about suspension tweaks in the update notes.
Mine is worse after the update fwiw

I run in Conserve Mode because I despise having to charge during day at a public chargers.

Last edited:

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
As a non-owner, can’t you lower it to get in or out? I’d want to park it at its lowest setting.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
As a non-owner, can’t you lower it to get in or out? I’d want to park it at its lowest setting.
You'd have to manually change drive modes and suspension height settings... Which would probably get repetitive and annoying... But, yes, it is possible.

JasperKravitz

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch
Occupation
Business Owner/Printer
Yes it’s annoying. I don’t like the constant ride height adjustment either.

SD R1T

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 68 F100, 67 GTX, 97 Cobra, 94 911 C2, 981 GT4
@R1TYarbrough , I get the opposite, my truck has a "kneeling" feature where the drivers front lowers every time I park the truck. It stays at that lean until I get to a stop, then it drastically readjusts and settles back to the lean.

Living in SoCal, I wish we could disable low and lowest settings for anything other than parking garages. The truck bounces off its bump stops in both settings on the hwy's we have here.
Sponsored