First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
I usually park my R1T in my nice warm garage and have it plugged in when not in use. Yesterday I traveled to my brother's house for work and the truck sat for 26 hours outside. It went from 235 miles of range left and about 70% charge to 208 and 63% charge in those 26 hours. It was about 32 overnight so not cold especially for MN. I checked all the doors for any being left open a little. Also I checked the seatbelts to make sure none were buckled. In the past when I have checked the range lost overnight it was always only a couple miles of range in 24 hours. A 7% range lost in that amount of time seems very excessive compared to previous times I checked it. Any ideas as to why? I am going to experiment in the next day or so and see what it does for lost range in the garage in 24 hours. I wonder if the last update messed something up?
Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Are you 💯 sure your phone and/or fob wasn’t close enough to keep waking the vehicle during that time so it never got to “sleep”? That’s the most likely culprit for such a big change when you’re away from home.and things aren’t “normal”. Did you have a scheduled departure set that maybe you didn’t turn off so the vehicle preconditioned without being plugged in after being cold for an extended period?

OP
OP

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Are you 💯 sure your phone and/or fob wasn’t close enough to keep waking the vehicle during that time so it never got to “sleep”? That’s the most likely culprit for such a big change when you’re away from home.and things aren’t “normal”. Did you have a scheduled departure set that maybe you didn’t turn off so the vehicle preconditioned without being plugged in after being cold for an extended period?
I know there was not any preconditioning as I do not have anything set for that. As for the phone it is possible my wife's phone was close enough to wake it periodically. Also I did walk by it a few times going between the house and shop so it woke up then too. I am not sure that would account for that much range lost unless it was being woke up a lot. I am going to test it tomorrow for another 26 hour period at home and see what happens.

403Wyn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Toyota Land Cruiser, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Sales
I usually park my R1T in my nice warm garage and have it plugged in when not in use. Yesterday I traveled to my brother's house for work and the truck sat for 26 hours outside. It went from 235 miles of range left and about 70% charge to 208 and 63% charge in those 26 hours. It was about 32 overnight so not cold especially for MN. I checked all the doors for any being left open a little. Also I checked the seatbelts to make sure none were buckled. In the past when I have checked the range lost overnight it was always only a couple miles of range in 24 hours. A 7% range lost in that amount of time seems very excessive compared to previous times I checked it. Any ideas as to why? I am going to experiment in the next day or so and see what it does for lost range in the garage in 24 hours. I wonder if the last update messed something up?
I know there was not any preconditioning as I do not have anything set for that. As for the phone it is possible my wife's phone was close enough to wake it periodically. Also I did walk by it a few times going between the house and shop so it woke up then too. I am not sure that would account for that much range lost unless it was being woke up a lot. I am going to test it tomorrow for another 26 hour period at home and see what happens.
I’ve noticed between 2% to 4% overnight range loss while plugged in overnight charging in my warm garage with nothing activated and my phone far away. This started after updating to the .50.01 upgrade. I’m hoping the next upgrade reverses/fixes the issue.

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
I’ve noticed between 2% to 4% overnight range loss while plugged in overnight charging in my warm garage with nothing activated and my phone far away. This started after updating to the .50.01 upgrade. I’m hoping the next upgrade reverses/fixes the issue.
I use to never have vampire loss until this latest update. Now I have a ton.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Do a hard reset if you are having vampire drain issues after the latest update. For me, temps of 50-60s in Texas after latest update and seeing little to no range loss. 30-40s I see 1% loss in 24 hrs. Bluetooth should remain off on your phone if you are looking for best results. If keeps pinging the sensors in the truck whether or not you have PAAK activated and keeps waking it up.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Yea I can literally watch the battery draining on mine. There's more Vampire Drain than driving usage. Every time I get in it's lost another percent. Probably 4% per day I'm guessing.

At this point I'm just disgusted with that. I have perfectly good cars that have sorted this kind of issue out 100 years ago. They are off when they are off and either have a key or a door handle that just unlocks when you grab it.

OP
OP

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Just to come back and thought I would share my test results after getting home. Twenty-six hours and only 4 miles and 1% range lost in my garage. Something must not have been going to sleep when I was out of town. So far I have not done a hard reset. I do not think it is needed at this point.

TangoPro

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self employed
last weekend we parked overnight in 20 degree temp up CA-4 at Bear Valley, and only lost 1% of battery. we've got a max pack. not sure if that impacts.

OP
OP

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
last weekend we parked overnight in 20 degree temp up CA-4 at Bear Valley, and only lost 1% of battery. we've got a max pack. not sure if that impacts.
In the past I had similar experience, only minimal loss overnight. Then earlier this week it was a big loss overnight in 30 decree weather. I am hoping it was a fluke. I am going to a friends house this weekend for the Superbowl and staying overnight so I will see how it does.
Sponsored