First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
That's how I've run my road trips too, regardless of temp, but now I'm considering not changing mode and/or height in lower temps. The question is... What temp, and what to not change?
I did not graph it but the first 1100 miles was under 30 degrees and it still seemed like it made a difference. It was my maiden voyage so I was not familiar with the vehicle, I was paying a lot of attention to range estimates and what the destination range left was.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Budman

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Where we at with this? We leave for Montana tomorrow and I'm debating ride mode and height. @zefram47 has me questioning low, and the temps have me questioning Conserve. We'll leave with a warm battery, headwind looks like 5mph, and temps will be 40°F +/-5.

I'm on 275/60R20 Wildpeaks with Ram 2363. My average has been 2mi/kWh so I'm somewhat concerned.
Hi

i know you found this update on another thread but I will post the update here for completeness. This chart is a bit different, it shows percent change with temperature. I’m hopeful that this will hold true across different traveling speeds. I personally think ride height has a pretty small impact on efficiency
Rivian R1T R1S Unexpected Conserve vs All Purpose Efficiency Behavior R1T percent change vs tem